Just got done modding my 06'wr450

5 replies to this topic
  • thrashmetal

Posted May 05, 2007 - 11:34 AM

I would like to extend a gracious thank you to this site and everyone who contributed info on all the mods:thumbsup:, I didn't have to post once for questions to complete the mods due to all the great info here. I can really tell a difference after the mods, the bike just has so much more balls. I was riding on 12 acres of field and didn't even get past 3rd gear before having to slow down or risk going into a ditch:ride:. All I have left is doing an exhaust mod (Promoto billet on backorder through TT atm). I jetted the carb with a #170 main jet and the blue needle in the 3rd from top clip and installed a zip ty fule mix screw, everything else I left stock. I ride in Washington state anywhere from sea level to 4000'. On a side note if there are any other WR owners or riders in WA, hit me up to go riding, I'm looking for other people to ride with. Also since I'm 6'2" and weigh around 235lbs what would anyone recommend for a suspension setup, what would I need to get?

\m/
Erik

• notyme2loose

Posted May 05, 2007 - 06:33 PM

I just got the same bike a little over a week ago a left over new. I am 6' 1" and 235 lbs and have ordered new springs front .48kg(stock .46kg) and rear 5.8kg(stock 5.3kg) may dealer is also a RaceTech center which will be installing. I going with this first with no revalve. I ride mostly single track.
Today was my first real ride and enduro loop on a friends property. I like the bike a lot. Its much easier to ride than my XR600 in the tight stuff and the power is good.

• xr250ryder

Posted May 06, 2007 - 08:18 AM

Where are you at in Washington, and congrats on your purchase. Im still waiting on the Yami shop to get my AIS Removal Kit in :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrianM500EXC

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:53 PM

I would like to extend a gracious thank you to this site and everyone who contributed info on all the mods:thumbsup:, I didn't have to post once for questions to complete the mods due to all the great info here. I can really tell a difference after the mods, the bike just has so much more balls. I was riding on 12 acres of field and didn't even get past 3rd gear before having to slow down or risk going into a ditch:ride:. All I have left is doing an exhaust mod (Promoto billet on backorder through TT atm). I jetted the carb with a #170 main jet and the blue needle in the 3rd from top clip and installed a zip ty fule mix screw, everything else I left stock. I ride in Washington state anywhere from sea level to 4000'. On a side note if there are any other WR owners or riders in WA, hit me up to go riding, I'm looking for other people to ride with. Also since I'm 6'2" and weigh around 235lbs what would anyone recommend for a suspension setup, what would I need to get?

\m/
Erik

Question: Is the blue needle preferred over the red? I ride 500-2000' 60-95 degrees in the desert.

Thanks!

• xrmarty

Posted May 06, 2007 - 10:37 PM

I am 6' 1" and 235 lbs and have ordered new springs front .48kg(stock .46kg) and rear 5.8kg(stock 5.3kg)

5'11" here at 230lbs. I ended up with same springs. Huge difference on trails!

• thrashmetal

Posted May 09, 2007 - 07:31 PM

Question: Is the blue needle preferred over the red? I ride 500-2000' 60-95 degrees in the desert.

Thanks!

I'm not sure which needle would be better for your situation. There's some good threads on here discussing which needle to use. I contacted JD jetting for further info since it's located here in Washington state. Good luck!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.