07 wr450 AIS removal kit... 1 extra jet?

10 replies to this topic
  • antigrav

Posted May 05, 2007 - 06:32 AM

I'm installing the factory AIS removal kit for an 07wr450 and I have one extra leak jet. one is a #45 and the other is a #110. I have thouroghly read the instruction I have so far installed the Pilot #50, Main jet#175 and Main Air Jet#110 (which goes into the hole that didn't have a jet originally- per instructions). I have checked off the items in the kit one by one and have an extra piece! So, I have two leak jets that are exactly the same in measurements yet the sizes are different a#45 and #110. The itemized list that comes with the Yamaha kit does not give the leak jet size...it just states 1 pc. should be in the kit. They are both leak jet and could fit nowhere else.... The 450 manual doesn't say what size either.... Does anybody have any knowledge about this? Which jet is the one I use?

thanks in advance.

• smokie

Posted May 05, 2007 - 10:06 AM

I'm installing the factory AIS removal kit for an 07wr450 and I have one extra leak jet. one is a #45 and the other is a #110. I have thouroghly read the instruction I have so far installed the Pilot #50, Main jet#175 and Main Air Jet#110 (which goes into the hole that didn't have a jet originally- per instructions). I have checked off the items in the kit one by one and have an extra piece! So, I have two leak jets that are exactly the same in measurements yet the sizes are different a#45 and #110. The itemized list that comes with the Yamaha kit does not give the leak jet size...it just states 1 pc. should be in the kit. They are both leak jet and could fit nowhere else.... The 450 manual doesn't say what size either.... Does anybody have any knowledge about this? Which jet is the one I use?

thanks in advance.

Do you mean that you put the #110 jet in the right hole and leave the left one as is? My bike in the left hole has a jet #70 and the right one is empty.

The right leak jet is the #45.

Thanks

• antigrav

Posted May 05, 2007 - 04:27 PM

Do you mean that you put the #110 jet in the right hole and leave the left one as is? My bike in the left hole has a jet #70 and the right one is empty.

The right leak jet is the #45.

When reading the YAMAHA instruction that come with the kit they specifically state "DO NOT REMOVE THE FACTORY INSTALLED slow air jet..." and the instruction also show a diagram of the rear of the carb and an arrow saying "do not remove" and the arrow points to the LEFT side jet if you are looking at the rear of the carb. The instructions also say "install the main jet into the tapped open hole" and then show an arrow pointing to the right side hole (for the new #110 jet)..... there was NO JET in this hole originally just threads ....as the instructions state...

So that is according to instructions and pictures that came with the Yamaha AIS removal kit...

As to you saying the #45 leak jet is correct , thanks!!! But I STILL have an extra #110 leak jet which is wierd. Maybe they did some correction in the jetting. I had heard the kit came with the wrong jet in some early packages. I still don't know for sure. Either way the hole in the center of the #110 leak jet hole looks way bigger than the #45 so who knows what is better the #110 would flow alot of gas which I don't know if that is better or worse. Guess I'll go with the #45 since you said that is what your kit came with.

Thanks again

• Roger_Steck

Posted May 06, 2007 - 08:27 AM

A smaller leak jet will flow mor gas to the enginne because the purpose of the leak jet is to bleed (leak) fuel away from the accelerator pump. A smaller leak jet allows more pressure and a bigger squirt to the motor.

• antigrav

Posted May 06, 2007 - 12:37 PM

Thanks, that clears up some of my confusion.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TyeeHusky

Posted May 06, 2007 - 01:24 PM

I was contacted by the dealer about the AIS removal kit.

It came with the wrong size or combo of jets. It has been two months now so not sure what they had to fix but a memo came out from Yamaha about it.

May want to contact your dealer to make sure you got all the right size jets

• antigrav

Posted May 06, 2007 - 08:25 PM

I was contacted by the dealer about the AIS removal kit.

It came with the wrong size or combo of jets. It has been two months now so not sure what they had to fix but a memo came out from Yamaha about it.

May want to contact your dealer to make sure you got all the right size jets

You don't remember what the correct jets where that they informed you about? Too bad. I will try calling, but most of the guys at dealers are not too knowledgeable.

• smokie

Posted May 07, 2007 - 07:23 AM

When reading the YAMAHA instruction that come with the kit they specifically state "DO NOT REMOVE THE FACTORY INSTALLED slow air jet..." and the instruction also show a diagram of the rear of the carb and an arrow saying "do not remove" and the arrow points to the LEFT side jet if you are looking at the rear of the carb. The instructions also say "install the main jet into the tapped open hole" and then show an arrow pointing to the right side hole (for the new #110 jet)..... there was NO JET in this hole originally just threads ....as the instructions state...

So that is according to instructions and pictures that came with the Yamaha AIS removal kit...

As to you saying the #45 leak jet is correct , thanks!!! But I STILL have an extra #110 leak jet which is wierd. Maybe they did some correction in the jetting. I had heard the kit came with the wrong jet in some early packages. I still don't know for sure. Either way the hole in the center of the #110 leak jet hole looks way bigger than the #45 so who knows what is better the #110 would flow alot of gas which I don't know if that is better or worse. Guess I'll go with the #45 since you said that is what your kit came with.

Thanks again

You were very helpfull.

Thanks a lot.

• TyeeHusky

Posted May 07, 2007 - 07:39 AM

I am sorry but do not remember. I do not think it was the main or pilot jets, that would be to obvious. It was the jets that look exactly alike and are hard to tell the difference.

sorry for the lack of help

• Dirtskills

Posted May 08, 2007 - 07:17 PM

I think The leak jet goes in the bottom of the float bowl. page 5-6 in manual

• antigrav

Posted May 08, 2007 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for all the info guys. I called the shop I bought the kit from and Yamaha did INDEED send out the wrong jets a couple months ago, BUT the dealer have got the right jets from yamaha and replace them or put them in the package by now. Dealer verified they put new jets in the kits as of a month ago.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.