OBDK P NEEDLE CORRECT FOR YZ TIMING?

2 replies to this topic
  • thorvela6

Posted February 05, 2002 - 05:42 AM

hola,

i live in costa rica and have a wr-400f for 3 years now.changed to yz timing and tried to put the DVP needle into it.costa rican yamaha dealers sucks(do not have ANYTHING) so a friend brought me the suposed 5BE-14916-DP,but instead of that i received a 5JG-14916-DP.I TRIED IT AND IT SUCKS!maybe instead of position 4,position 3?i will try.any help would be good.

roche

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SealClubber

Posted February 05, 2002 - 05:47 PM

What is the difference between the two?

Dan

• James_Dean

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:20 PM

The needle is not even close to what you wanted, much too rich on the clip position.

Try putting it in the very top clip position. This will be close to DVP#6 (+1/2).

Middle letters 1 clip each- DJP to DVP
J L N Q S U (1/2-V)

The needles are 5 1/2 clip positions apart.

James

www.JDJetting.com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.