Fuel reserve range?

3 replies to this topic
  • WRC

Posted May 04, 2007 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone know about how far you can go on reserve on a WR 450, if you baby it to get back? I was riding today and started to run out of fuel so I flipped it to reserve and started back to camp. I forgot to check to mileage but really didnt get to far and I start to run out again. Iam thinking I maybe rode 2-3 miles before it started to run out again, luckily I ran out in camp about 50 feet from my truck. Thanks in advance.

• WR_Dave

Posted May 05, 2007 - 05:05 AM

My buddies '06 gets about 5-6 miles on reserve with the stock tank. You may have to lay the bike on the petcock side to get all the fuel over to that side. It's not alot of fuel , that's why I put the IMS 3.1 gal tank on my '07. I can't stand fuel being a concern while out riding. WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • orthosdream

Posted May 19, 2007 - 11:24 AM

WRC
Here are the stats at screaming race, on the pipe - speed
37 Miles to reserve
47 miles ran out of gas
49 miles race finish
priceless!

So no SH*&%%t there I was. I must have been in first place overall at D 38 Superstition Nationals two months ago - OK maybe I was behind a few kids on 50s and a wounded 4wd quad guy but I was fast!

I ran out of gas 2 miles from the finish.

Damn you small tank!

• BigcahunaK

Posted May 20, 2007 - 01:58 AM

WRC
Here are the stats at screaming race, on the pipe - speed
37 Miles to reserve
47 miles ran out of gas
49 miles race finish
priceless!

So no SH*&%%t there I was. I must have been in first place overall at D 38 Superstition Nationals two months ago - OK maybe I was behind a few kids on 50s and a wounded 4wd quad guy but I was fast!

I ran out of gas 2 miles from the finish.

Damn you small tank!

How long (time wise) was that race?
Whay bike do u have (year)?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.