White/Green ooze??? Please Advise

6 replies to this topic
  • C333

Posted May 04, 2007 - 06:25 PM

Just got back from a little spin. I'd say 30-40 minutes or so long. I shut my bike off and 5-10 minutes later there was a small puddle (2-3 in diameter) under the main drain hose. This is pretty much the norm except for this time the puddle looked like a loogi that was ran through a blender. Kinda whipped and foamy lookin. Any thoughts???? Should I trip?? Thanks in advance.

• rheynard

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Probally coolent?? Did you taste it? :applause: Just kidding. Maybe a coolent / oil mixture. Doesn't sound serious to me... GL

• loopsrider

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Probally coolent?? Did you taste it? :applause: Just kidding. Maybe a coolent / oil mixture. Doesn't sound serious to me... GL

I dunno man.....Coolant should never meet with oil in an engine...

Just sayin.......:applause:

What drain hose are you referring to? Coolant overflow... Crankcase vent??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C333

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:09 PM

The hose comes out of the top of the valve cover. Whichever one that is. Sorry, I'm not really well coursed in the terminology.:applause:

• loopsrider

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:25 PM

The hose comes out of the top of the valve cover. Whichever one that is. Sorry, I'm not really well coursed in the terminology.:applause:

Yeah, that's the crankcase vent. Normal for some amount of condensation to be coming out of that hose. What does your coolant look like after it's cooled down? Is there an oil film on the top of the coolant? Is the level lower than usual? Is your engine oil overfull or milky after it is ran? If so, you could have issues. Could possibly be a head gasket.....

First thing I would personally do is pressure test your cooling system and see if it will hold max. pressure. Let it sit for 15 minutes and see what it does. If the coolant level drops and the oil level increases you have issues...

It's probably nothing...Just keep an eye on your fluids

• C333

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:47 PM

Nope none of those symptoms. Thanks. I guess I'm alright then???

• rheynard

Posted May 07, 2007 - 10:43 AM

I dunno man.....Coolant should never meet with oil in an engine...

Just sayin.......:applause:

Na sorry,I wasnt clear, I meant they mixed on the ground. On my bike both hoses dump from the same area. Just check your levels...you probally ok

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.