'04 YZF Exhaust on '04 WR?

5 replies to this topic
  • BrianM500EXC

Posted May 04, 2007 - 06:14 PM

Pretty sure on this, but please confirm that a 2004 stock YZF450 exhaust fits a 2004 WRF450.

Thanks!

• jsproch

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:12 PM

Yep. Just put an '05 YZF450 exhaust on my '04 WR450. '03-'05 YZF exhaust will fit '03-'06 WR. Definetely stronger in the mid-range and top-end; lost a little right off the bottom but it is well worth it IMO.

• MountainMax

Posted May 05, 2007 - 08:51 AM

I too put a yz muffler on my 06, love the newfound power, and if i just put around it's not too loud either, keep the WOT runs for out of town only!

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrianM500EXC

Posted May 06, 2007 - 03:28 PM

MountainMax,

How do you like the YZF cam? I'm probably going that direction, but don't want to lose bottom end.

Thanks.

• MountainMax

Posted May 06, 2007 - 03:36 PM

I love the yz cam and exhaust, way more power, better for wheelies and it never felt like i lost any bottom end, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! it's harder to start with the magic button, jetting has to be spot on and you will have to use your hot start lever everytime on a hot restart.

• BrianM500EXC

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:42 PM

I love the yz cam and exhaust, way more power, better for wheelies and it never felt like i lost any bottom end, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! it's harder to start with the magic button, jetting has to be spot on and you will have to use your hot start lever everytime on a hot restart.

OK, I'm in the process of doing all the free mods, and collecting jetting help from anyone with a similar setup. Where did you land with your jetting and what elevation do you ride? Also, once the jetting is spot on, is it still a pain to start sometimes? I travel with a group, and I don't want to be the one they're always waiting on.

Thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.