Are Cycra Probends the Shiz?

42 replies to this topic
  • Dr250_rider

Posted May 06, 2007 - 09:54 PM

i just purchased the bar moutend cycra's for my cr and they work really good and for 130 bucks there worth it.

• BigcahunaK

Posted May 07, 2007 - 03:22 AM

Big canunak, I just put the triple clamp mounts on my 07 WR yesterday I like them better than the bar mount which my Probends came with. The headlight brackets will fit with no changes other than removing the plastic front brake line holder on the left bracket. I used M8x 45mm bolts, 1.25 pitch to mount them. Be sure to retourqe them to 15 foot lbs. Hope this helps.

Thanks WRC.
Just wanted to know if those brackets where in the way. I know anout the longer bolts and all.
Thanks

• WR_Dave

Posted May 07, 2007 - 04:01 AM

WRDave, based on your experience, do you think the Moose set-up is sufficient protection if one can't afford the Cycra's w/ triple-clamp mount (or doesn't ride in the tight trees :applause: )? I'm still building my 07 and trying to make the coin go as far as possible with so many goodies on the wish list. That said, I'd prefer to skip the smashed fingers routine.
Thanks, Mark

I think any kind of protection is better than smashed fingers. I used to run those cheap Maier guards with Plastic protectors, cut from a 5 gallon bucket,bolted to the front of them. WR Dave.

• byggd

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:43 AM

After seeing WR Daves Bonez I am sold (yes they do have some Bling) But i have a GPS mount, a horn button and swing away mirror and need the space.
Sweet answer to my over cluttered bars.

Posted Image

I'm in the same boat. Here is a shot of the cycra bar mounts which have served me well so far. What the picture doesn't show is the combo sw. for the dual sport kit and GPS mount which moved the kill sw. to the right side as it is. This might be a way to clean up my bars as well and make room for a ram mount :applause:
http://s18.photobuck...nt=Vapor006.jpg

• MSHAM

Posted May 07, 2007 - 07:16 AM

After many headaches figuring this out! Fastways! I like the Bonze too.

• custom-cruiser

Posted May 07, 2007 - 07:51 AM

FastRides,
They are Moose I just ordered the Bonz mounts and they should bolt right up.

• ARin

Posted May 07, 2007 - 09:49 AM

Cycras with triple clamp mounts.

• dpr65

Posted May 13, 2007 - 03:23 AM

Thanks WRC.
Just wanted to know if those brackets where in the way. I know anout the longer bolts and all.
Thanks

Big canunak, I just put the triple clamp mounts on my 07 WR yesterday I like them better than the bar mount which my Probends came with. The headlight brackets will fit with no changes other than removing the plastic front brake line holder on the left bracket. I used M8x 45mm bolts, 1.25 pitch to mount them. Be sure to retourqe them to 15 foot lbs. Hope this helps.

Does anyone have a picture of the "triple clamp" mount installation on a 2007 WR450F? I don't really want to lose the top cable guide, and with the mounts I received, don't see installing them without cutting or grinding the "triple clamp" side mount brackets a good bit to make them work with the headlight mounting brackets, or the top brake cable guide. Did you also have to roll the front brake resevoir bacwards to clear the side mount? That seems to be a conflict also. Thanks.

• resinlips

Posted May 13, 2007 - 07:14 AM

OK! The BONZ clamps came in the mail yesterday. They are awesome! TY WRDave. They looked heavy to me in the picture but are very light. Waiting for my black low-pro Cycras to come now. I also got some allen head bolts at the Depot that were 5ml shorter. At 70 bucks they should have been included.

• bg10459

Posted May 13, 2007 - 09:01 AM

My Bonz came in on Friday, but they are about 1 1/4" closer to the bar than the side triple clamp mount.:applause: It's going to require some seroius bending of my Probend handguards or a 1" spacer.

The whole reason for buying the Bonz was because my new Submount raised the bars too high for the triple clamp mount, but I'm thinking of welding an extension on to it to raise it high enough.

Might have some brand new Bike Bonz for sale.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FastRides

Posted May 13, 2007 - 09:40 AM

OK! The BONZ clamps came in the mail yesterday. They are awesome! TY WRDave. They looked heavy to me in the picture but are very light. Waiting for my black low-pro Cycras to come now. I also got some allen head bolts at the Depot that were 5ml shorter. At 70 bucks they should have been included.

Me, too- same exact set up, just waiting for them to show up (agreed- for the $$ a couple of allens would have been nice).
Thanks to WRDave- please confirm the set-up in your pic is regular Pro Bends with Bonz? Are the triple mount Pro Bends shaped differently (sounds like they didn't work out for bg1049)? Thanks to all who chimed in - appreicate the info. :applause:

• DRS

Posted May 13, 2007 - 09:44 AM

i like the cycra, have them on two bikes and have been very happy with them.

• bg10459

Posted May 13, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Are the triple mount Pro Bends shaped differently (sounds like they didn't work out for bg1049)?

I'm pretty sure the Probends are all the same, regardless of mount type. I had to do some bending to get them right in the first place, but nothing like what I'd have to do for the Bonz.
One way or another I'll make something work and either the Bonz or the triple clamp mounts will be for sale.

• WR_Dave

Posted May 13, 2007 - 10:03 AM

Yeah I just used the regular Cycra pro bends and the Bonz. They needed a bit of a twist to fit properly , but I didn't find it any different than any other time I've had to get bark busters to fit right. :applause: WR Dave.

• bg10459

Posted May 13, 2007 - 10:17 AM

Yeah I just used the regular Cycra pro bends and the Bonz. They needed a bit of a twist to fit properly , but I didn't find it any different than any other time I've had to get bark busters to fit right. :applause: WR Dave.

What bar bend are you using?
I've got CR high, which has a little more sweep than lots of other bars. Maybe this contributes to the big difference.:applause:

• WR_Dave

Posted May 13, 2007 - 12:13 PM

That's probably the issue, I'm using the stock bars that came with the bike. Sorry for your luck, I'm not a Bike Bonz salesman or even an advocate, but they worked for my situation. :applause: WR Dave.

• TeamScream

Posted May 13, 2007 - 10:17 PM

Cycra probends all the way on all 3 of my bikes, I used to use Ralley Pros but Cycras now.

• RedBull420

Posted January 08, 2008 - 01:56 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Anyone happen to know the bar size of the Pro Taper's on an 08 WR450? Looking to order a set of Bonz mounts and they have 7/8's or 1 1/8 options.
Also, WR Dave did you buy them locally in Calgary or order off Bonz website?

Thx

• WR_Dave

Posted January 08, 2008 - 02:16 PM

'08 WR will have 1 1/8" bars and I got the Bike Bonz from Claude at http://www.rockyridgemotosports.com/ in Okotoks. He can get them in for you or you could order them from a more conveniant bike shop. I know I've seen them on the wall at Blackfoot. With a little tweaking of the Cycras I got them to fit just fine. I did space them out about 1/2" at the Bonz mount end to make the cables and hoses work easier, just a longer bolt.

Posted Image

WR Dave

• RedBull420

Posted January 08, 2008 - 02:22 PM

Thanks Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.