Mods for new wr450?

4 replies to this topic
  • amaaaron

Posted May 04, 2007 - 03:49 PM

I just bough a new 2005 wr450 as i was riding i didnt feel that it had all that i thought it would,but i havent had it in the dirt yet just in the neighborhood.
I have heard to make it run like i want i need to take the throttle pin out of the carburator and put the yz one in, rejet it and put a new slip on pipe on the bike. i was wondering if any one had any advice for me on if that information is correct or not and if it is how much of a difference it will really make. All suggestions are apprciated.

Thanks Aaron

• Cirus

Posted May 04, 2007 - 04:03 PM

I've got an '06 so it should be the same. Replace the throttle stop with one from a YZ or just cut it down to YZ specs. Yank out the baffle in the air box and take off the right side airbox cover and cut out the two marked ko's. Remove the peashooter in the exhaust or if you really want to make it come alive throw on an after market exhaust. I've got a FMF Powercore w/Powerbomb header. After seeing what this bike can do uncorked I would sell it if I had to ride it stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • amaaaron

Posted May 04, 2007 - 04:45 PM

So once i do all these things is it just going to be a night and day difference in the way this bike performs.

• Cirus

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:55 PM

You''ll be amazed. I came off a '04 YZ450 and the WR satisfies my need for power after the mods. It will wheelie in 3rd with no clutch.:applause: Do the mods:thumbsup:

• WR_Dave

Posted May 05, 2007 - 05:08 AM

I guess this needs to be bigger and flashing Go here ----------------------------> http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=440372

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.