Leaking Kickstarter Seal

1 reply to this topic
  • Firelyle

Posted May 04, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Ok all got a question,

94 XR600R
I have developed a small leak from my seal around the kickstarter lever. Nothing big but I will eventually have to replace it (I hate leaks!):applause: I have looked in my manual and can't tell if I need to replace the seal from inside the case or if it can be simply popped out from the exterior and a new one put in. I keep getting different answers from locals so I thought I would pick some brains on TT!

Thanks in advance for the help!:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted May 04, 2007 - 06:48 PM

I just changed my clutch & to-do item was that seal cause mine was getting pretty messy. Dont wait cause I found dirt in my needle bearing, just inside the seal. & I did notice it (seal) is changable from outside. Cause I woulda done much sooner if I had known. Do it now.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.