wr450f 06 model engine oil change

4 replies to this topic
  • tttalker

Posted May 04, 2007 - 03:00 PM

G'day guys,

Just a quick question regarding one of the drain bolts on a wr450 06 model?

I am not sure what bolt the manual is reffering to as NUMBER 3? (manual page 3-16 or 226)

Is this the bolt on the frame or somewhere else?

Could someone please point out where this bolt is located?

Cheers.

• eurobound

Posted May 05, 2007 - 02:49 AM

G'day guys,

Just a quick question regarding one of the drain bolts on a wr450 06 model?

I am not sure what bolt the manual is reffering to as NUMBER 3? (manual page 3-16 or 226)

Is this the bolt on the frame or somewhere else?

Could someone please point out where this bolt is located?

Cheers.

correct. Its the blue bolt halfway down the downtube at the front of the bike.

Good luck and nice bike! have the same one!:applause:

later!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted May 05, 2007 - 08:46 AM

be careful when removing that one, oil will squirt out and hit your front fender/wheel, I made a big mess the first time i changed mine, sounds like a pain with all the drain bolts, filter and screen but once you do a few it's not bad at all.....

• eurobound

Posted May 05, 2007 - 01:19 PM

be careful when removing that one, oil will squirt out and hit your front fender/wheel, I made a big mess the first time i changed mine, sounds like a pain with all the drain bolts, filter and screen but once you do a few it's not bad at all.....

very good point... sorry I didnt mention that one!

later!

• spick

Posted May 05, 2007 - 02:49 PM

Heh, I had the same problem finding that bolt during my first oil change, and didn't spot it until I got everything back together and the bike topped up.

So it wasn't until my second oil change did I find out about the oil shooting out of the down tube. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.