how much rad fuild???

7 replies to this topic
  • copstop450

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:15 AM

will i read here that when its to the brim it tends to blow off and its only nesesary to fill it to the top of the fins? right now its at the fins and when i tip it to the right it goes over the fins. is this fine? its finally desided to stop leakin at that point so i guess its good there? thanks

• cowboyona426

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:17 AM

Should be fine, just keep an eye out in case you start to boil. FWIW, my 06 is filled to the neck and I've never had any problems.

• copstop450

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:41 AM

ya i fills mine to the neck it leaks out. but i read hear that the 03 450s are famous for leakin rad fuild and to the fins is enough

• yami racer

Posted May 04, 2007 - 11:51 AM

I always fill to the top and let it weep out but that is just me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • copstop450

Posted May 04, 2007 - 12:03 PM

do u find that the weeping stops when its down to the level of the fins?

• yami racer

Posted May 04, 2007 - 12:30 PM

do u find that the weeping stops when its down to the level of the fins?

Never really noticed I just always fill it to the neck each ride....

• CaptainKnobby

Posted May 04, 2007 - 04:27 PM

Do what you are doing! Fill it up to the neck and ride it for the next few days. Keep an eye on it after and before each ride,>>>If the level stays at the fins then you will be fine. My coolant in my 06 stays right at the bottom of the neck and has stayed there for the 24 hours I have on the bike. Just make sure you can see coolant in the rad everytime you get ready to ride.

• BergArabia

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:55 PM

Me too, but come to think of it, it seems to then always weep down to the level just above the fins. Have coolant in my toy hauler and check the coolant level in the bike at the start of every ride. It seems like about 20-30 mils is all that I can top it up with but I always do just in case...

Probably wouldn't need to. But you never know..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.