Whats a good spark arrester??

14 replies to this topic
  • snow

Posted May 04, 2007 - 04:29 AM

I have seen the Pro-Moto ones but is there any other brands that have the end caps?? Also if a guy puts in the quite insert how much of a power loss is there??? Or am I better off buying a slip on??? Thanks

• q-tip

Posted May 04, 2007 - 04:59 AM

i have a kxf250 with a fmf powerbomb header & the q sparkarrester to me and some others i know its the quitest on the market with the least amount lost. remember one thing those who ride loud will soon have no place to ride.

• rideawn

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:40 AM

The only decent add in sparky to the stock silencer I found was PMB. Easy to install with a drill and riveter. Looks nice. Only can get a blue end cap (nothing wrong with that....)

• cowboyona426

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:15 AM

There is another company that makes an end cap... Purely Custom. They usually have an add in the rags. I went with the PMB on my 06, nice product but took away some of the juice of the motor. I'm switching to a Dr. D full system now, for the price you can't really beat a Dr. D system. MRD makes a nice full system also. If you want just a slip-on, go with the WB E2 or a Thunder Alley.

• 426_kid

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:23 AM

dr. d has a encap and you can buy a silencer with an aresotor... it sounds nice and quiet wih tout a lot of powerloss.

• 642MX

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:35 AM

I have a quiet core for my FMF Titanium 4 muffler. It killed the bottom end so I bought a db Dawg. It was worse than the FMF quiet core. I don't like loud pipes, but what do you do?

• Wiz636

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:52 AM

Check out BBR ...I think they make a spark arrestor endcap similar to PMB.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ganadore

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:04 PM

The only decent add in sparky to the stock silencer I found was PMB. Easy to install with a drill and riveter. Looks nice. Only can get a blue end cap (nothing wrong with that....)

Actually, you can get blue, black or silver if you order by phone (I got black). Going with black or silver allows you to go with any color with your plastics and graphics (if you are concerned with color matching).

• snow

Posted May 05, 2007 - 10:33 AM

So is the 250 endcap the same as the 450???

• Idaho_Stas

Posted May 05, 2007 - 12:05 PM

Actually, you can get blue, black or silver if you order by phone (I got black). Going with black or silver allows you to go with any color with your plastics and graphics (if you are concerned with color matching).

... or gold. I put a gold one on my '06 when it was yellow... but now that it is white, red and black (henry kit), the yellow sparky looks a bit odd. Agree that sticking with black or silver allows the greatest flexibility for future plastics/graphics.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 05, 2007 - 04:56 PM

... or gold. I put a gold one on my '06 when it was yellow... but now that it is white, red and black (henry kit), the yellow sparky looks a bit odd. Agree that sticking with black or silver allows the greatest flexibility for future plastics/graphics.

I got a blue one from my local dealer, it was all they had. It buffed right off and now I have a polished silver one. :applause:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 05, 2007 - 04:58 PM

There is another company that makes an end cap... Purely Custom. They usually have an add in the rags. I went with the PMB on my 06, nice product but took away some of the juice of the motor. I'm switching to a Dr. D full system now, for the price you can't really beat a Dr. D system. MRD makes a nice full system also. If you want just a slip-on, go with the WB E2 or a Thunder Alley.

I disagree, if all you want is a slip on, go with the Dr. D slip on. The E2 is a power robbing machine with the SA and quiet cap on. I had the Dr. D slip on for my 06 and it was awesome.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 05, 2007 - 08:08 PM

BnB, I have no experience with the WB I've just heard a lot of good things about it. I can't wait to get my Dr. D on and try it out though!

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted May 05, 2007 - 10:32 PM

BnB, I have no experience with the WB I've just heard a lot of good things about it. I can't wait to get my Dr. D on and try it out though!

Dude, you are gonna LOVE it. My best friend has an E2 on his WR. Major dissapiontment. It works pretty good until you have to put the SA end cap in. Then you have an instant dog. :applause: I too had heard lots of good about it. I am guessing its from guys who have not run anything better, ummm, like a Dr.D. :applause:

• hall1012

Posted May 09, 2007 - 10:49 PM

My PMB end cap is black. Got it from San Jose Yamaha and they said that the black ones sell way faster than the blue. Maybe thats why you say there are only blue?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.