650l bogging

5 replies to this topic
  • elrontx

Posted May 03, 2007 - 07:08 PM

i went for a ride today and 5 min after i filled the gas tank the bike started bogging very badly it would barely movewith the throttle pinned ''idled fine''. it did this for 10 min then backfired loudly and after that it ran fine . the bike is stock except for gearing and is a 05 with 6500 hard miles.i changed the oil a few days ago and it seems fine. spark plug?

• bcone

Posted May 03, 2007 - 07:48 PM

Sounds like a clogged jet. I had the same problem where my XR650l would only run on the idle circuit but when I rolled the throttle on it would bog. After I ran some acetone through the tank it was fine. Check your filter in your tank (on the petcock) and see if ther is a hole and if not maybe run some feul system cleaner or acetone (which BTW does not harm carb parts and increases the molecular diffusion of the gas) through it to flush anything else out.

• jimmyt

Posted May 03, 2007 - 08:27 PM

j(ust trying to get back in) sounds like you just need to give the carb some tlc. Any Mods? pull it and clean it and see what happens.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elrontx

Posted May 04, 2007 - 04:14 AM

thanks guys the carb is stock

• pianoexcellence

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:19 AM

I had a problem kind of similar after I rejetted my 04 xrl

the bike would go fine at 0-1\8 throttle, then when i would roll on or crack the throttle, it would bog and lurch, then finally start going.

it turned out that the needle jet needed to be shimmed to let the fuel in a little sooner, I guess there was a split second where there was no fuel between the pilot and the main jet...

runs perfect now, but man, that was a pain:banghead:

• fla18c71

Posted May 04, 2007 - 09:33 AM

check for water in the tank
flavio from rome italy

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 1 reply

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.