What tire should I buy?

4 replies to this topic
  • TheBlackSheep

Posted May 03, 2007 - 09:48 AM

What rear tire would you guys recommend for me? I have a 07' WR450 and I ride about 1 mile on asphalt outta my tract each time I ride. After 3 months and 500 hours on the new Bike/Tire the rear tire is wasted. I know asphalt isnt recommended for Dirt Bikes, but what tire should I replace with? What tire will hold up on the street? I mostly ride a lot of hard dirt, soft dirt, rocky terrain and alot of loose-rock hill climbs..................Bahhh:thumbsup:

• bandit99

Posted May 03, 2007 - 09:52 AM

I like Maxxis IT tires. They are cheaper than Dunlop and Michellin and hold up just as well if not better. I find I can run more air pressure with them too. I ran 800 miles in Mexico with about 250 miles of that being paved. They were worn but not totally wasted.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TheBlackSheep

Posted May 03, 2007 - 11:41 AM

I like Maxxis IT tires. They are cheaper than Dunlop and Michellin and hold up just as well if not better. I find I can run more air pressure with them too. I ran 800 miles in Mexico with about 250 miles of that being paved. They were worn but not totally wasted.

I'll check into those thanks.

• TheBlackSheep

Posted May 03, 2007 - 04:59 PM

They ALL seem good enough to me. Which one?

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 03, 2007 - 05:14 PM

In the stuff you ride get the desert IT

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.