YZ450 Clutch Lever

3 replies to this topic
  • superxking22

Posted May 03, 2007 - 09:11 AM

How much easier is the GYTR Shorty Roller bearing lever (or aftermarket equivalent) to pull than the stock lever. And would changing to a roller bearing lever help any with arm pump?

• Boricua

Posted May 03, 2007 - 04:57 PM

Don't expend your money in that. Take the stock lever and drill a new hole at the bottom of the stock hole. Keep a 1/8 overlap between the holes. This will change the cable angle and reduce the pulling force. It will feel as a 125 clutch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 03, 2007 - 05:30 PM

Shorty levers are generally harder to pull, and that's not the real cause of arm pump. Your arm muscles are intended to be flexed and relaxed in a cyclic fashion. When you tense up and stay tensed for long periods of time, the muscles compress the blood vessels in the arm so that they cut off their own supply of oxygen. The best way to avoid arm pump is to build your upper body strength (not bulk) and improve your conditioning, and then to learn to relax as much as possible as often as possible.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted May 03, 2007 - 05:41 PM

The best thing I have found to reduce arm pump is not to grip the bars so tight. Ever since I loosened up on my grip.... it took 80% of the pump out! I have weight lifted for ten years now and still get arm pump but not as bad now since I loosened up on my grip when possible.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.