Tall seats

7 replies to this topic
  • Gerry B

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:46 PM

I want to buy a tall seat for my 06 YZ450. Are there any other quality seats other than SDG?

• StPeters21

Posted May 02, 2007 - 06:35 PM

Do yourself a favor and DON'T buy the SDG. I would get foam and a seat cover. They are very simple to put on. I've had a SDG and I've done the foam thing. The ones that you put together are much better and when it's all done they fit. I just did the FX foam and seat cover on my '06....it has been great!

my .02 cents

• skipperlantz

Posted May 02, 2007 - 06:43 PM

I have no complaint with sdg. It fits tight but that doesn't bother me. It looks stock fit wise, just taller. It had wrinkles when I first put it on but they went away after a couple rides.

• StPeters21

Posted May 02, 2007 - 07:15 PM

I had to take the bracket off and re-mold it to fit my bike. The foam started falling apart after a dozen rides, then it was all over my air filter after every ride. The seat didn't fit on the sub-frame. It would slide on and off the sub-frame in every corner. I really thought it was a crappy seat. Hey, it's cheaper than buying foam and a seat cover though.....I guess you get what you pay for!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted May 02, 2007 - 07:21 PM

I had a local trim shop raise mine. They removed the crappy stock foam and replaced it with something a little softer and then raised it 1 inch over stock. I think they charged me $70 for everything. Something to think about....

• torqueme

Posted May 03, 2007 - 12:00 AM

I have a Moose tall seat on mine that i picked up here in the classifieds. Much better/softer with gripper cover,love it.

• matts06yzf

Posted May 03, 2007 - 04:47 AM

I have Guts tall foam. I love it

• wakin

Posted May 03, 2007 - 08:00 AM

I had the Guts tall on my WR. I put an SDG tall on the new scooter. The SDG is fine but if I did it again I'd go with Guts as the SDG fit isn't perfect, but good enough...

Posted Image

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.