Amybody tried Maxxis DualMaxx yet?

2 replies to this topic
  • Gary Murray

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:42 PM

Has anybody tried Maxxis DualMaxx tires yet? I ride a street legal WR450 and need a DOT tire for 10% street and 90% dirt. Any other recommendations?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:18 PM

I tried Maxxis' DualMaxx front and rear on my new 426 in 2002, and I don't recommend it at all. It's the fastest wearing tire I've ever had, fragile too. Go with Pirelli MT21 (130/80 rear, 90/90 front) and you'll get better traction in all conditions and at least twice the mileage. I'm actually gonna save a few bucks this summer and try Kenda's 776F front (80% dirt) and a K270 rear (5.10"=130mm) which is pretty aggressive for a 50% dirt rating...
http://www.kendausa....dual_sport.html

• rheynard

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:51 PM

I have used the Kenda Tires, and I say they are the best bang for your buck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.