a couple 03' yz450f q's

8 replies to this topic
  • srfer71

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:28 PM

I don't have a manual yet and I need to know how much oil to put in. I'm doing a full rebuild, right now the cases are split and the tranny is being worked on.

Also, what are some good upgrades to do to the bike? I already have some 7/8" renthal bars and a pro circuit slip on. I also have a new o-ring chain/sprocket kit. I'll probably get rid of the 7/8th" bars and get some adjustable mounts for 1 1/8" bars. I'm also thinking of getting a fatter seat. Anything else that would be good to do?

thanks

• grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2007 - 08:17 PM

1.2L on a full rebuild. Get a manual:

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• srfer71

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:31 PM

Great, thanks buddy.

Right now Im rebuilding my motor. I'm replacing the main shaft and 4th pinion gear(seized) and i have new rings and some bearings. So far it's been great except for the bad parts.

I just needed to know the basics, thanks.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:49 PM

I wouldn't consider the 7/8" Renthal bars much of an improvement over stock myself. If it were me, I would get a set of Pro Taper Contours with universal adapters. Or, if you have the coin, spring for a new top clamp for 1-1/8" bars. Either way, I would definitely upgrade to Pro Tapers, or at least some sort of oversized bar.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • srfer71

Posted May 04, 2007 - 11:31 PM

I wouldn't consider the 7/8" Renthal bars much of an improvement over stock myself. If it were me, I would get a set of Pro Taper Contours with universal adapters. Or, if you have the coin, spring for a new top clamp for 1-1/8" bars. Either way, I would definitely upgrade to Pro Tapers, or at least some sort of oversized bar.

Thats what I already said.

i already have the renthals. Not a fan of them, was thinking of getting some low bend 1 1/8" bars.

• skidooboy

Posted May 05, 2007 - 04:29 AM

maybe while you are doing the tranny, upgrade to the 5 speed gearbox from the wr. ski

• srfer71

Posted May 05, 2007 - 03:52 PM

maybe while you are doing the tranny, upgrade to the 5 speed gearbox from the wr. ski

For what and where i ride i dig the 4 speed. Plus i already ordered the parts i needed, lol.

I get my parts on tuesday and should have everything together pretty fast.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 06, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Whats is wrong with the tranny?

I use Renthal Twinwall Wyndam bend and RG3 top/bottom tripleclamps...Getting ready to get tall setfoam from Guts for my 03

• srfer71

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:02 PM

Whats is wrong with the tranny?

I use Renthal Twinwall Wyndam bend and RG3 top/bottom tripleclamps...Getting ready to get tall setfoam from Guts for my 03

The 4th pinion gear was seized to the main axle. I will have the parts tomorrow. That plus there were 3 bearings that were really bad.

I will have a totally new bike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.