WR 250 or 450.

6 replies to this topic
  • farmrider

Posted May 02, 2007 - 02:43 PM

Sirs
Have an 03 WR250 now, I love it in the woods, but want just a little more (4hp) power. But I hate riding my CRF450R in the woods. So which WR should I get 250 or 450? The woods I ride in have logging trails, I am ussaly in 3rd gear.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THIS IS THE BEST FORUM OUT THERE

:applause: :applause: :p :p :p

• MSHAM

Posted May 02, 2007 - 02:48 PM

Farm rider are you still coming to Montana?

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted May 02, 2007 - 02:50 PM

Why do you hate the CRF450 for the woods?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vegemite_luva

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Sirs
Have an 03 WR250 now, I love it in the woods, but want just a little more (4hp) power. But I hate riding my CRF450R in the woods. So which WR should I get 250 or 450? The woods I ride in have logging trails, I am ussaly in 3rd gear.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THIS IS THE BEST FORUM OUT THERE

:applause: :applause: :p :p :p

I have the 03 WR450F and although it is ridable in the woods I think I would prefer a brand new 07 WR250F in the woods more. Why don't you look into some power mods such as a big bore kit, sprocket gearing, torquey header, YZ cam, etc.

• farmrider

Posted May 03, 2007 - 07:27 AM

I don't like the CRF450 in the woods b/c I feel overwhelmed by the power. The suspension is too harsh. I go so much faster on my WR250 b/c I feel so much more comfortable. I am afraid that I will get a WR450 and it will feel like the CRF in the woods, to powerful to be fun, in the play sense.

I am very open to doing mods to the WR250. Am I right in thinking that you can do a YZ cam without any depriciation in reliability?

THANKS

p.s. Is there an option to select on this forum where you get Email notification when someone replies to your post?

• Zdirt

Posted May 03, 2007 - 09:27 AM

p.s. Is there an option to select on this forum where you get Email notification when someone replies to your post?

Yes. Go to USER CP / Edit Options / Messaging and Notification Set the Thread Notification to your desired setting. I think default is no notification.

• xrmarty

Posted May 03, 2007 - 09:49 PM

I'm a big guy and I used to follow the montra: the bigger the better, until I rode a Yz 250 (I know-not exactly what your asking about). I was really surprised how torquey that little snapper was. At that time I had my XR400, and I could swear that thing had way more torque than the 400. It felt super flickable and nimble. I think that would be a perfect bike for the woods. I ended up with the 450, but that's mainly because here in Souther Cal we ride open desert and lots of soft "full throttle" hill climbs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.