WR oil comsumption

5 replies to this topic
  • WRDogBoy

Posted February 04, 2002 - 12:25 PM

My WR426 requires a quart of oil everytime I ride. Is this normal? The bike isn't smoking - It must be loosing the oil through the crankcase vent. Is there a fix?

I rode a DRZ400 this weekend that was snappy revver with a 13/52 gearing. My WR is still stock 14/52. Will a 13 tooth counter sprocket enable my WR to wheelie pass the DRZcrap400?

• SealClubber

Posted February 04, 2002 - 04:26 PM

My bike uses about a third of a quart per ride. Doesn't seem to burn it though. I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago but got no response.

Posted February 05, 2002 - 03:53 AM

No that's not normal...Only holds 1.57 Quarts during an oil change. At that rate you will never have to pull the drain plug. I might loose 100cc's out the vent after 4 or 5 really hard rides. Sounds like you have a blow by problem. I would contact Mark at MXTuner@mindspring .com, if anyone can give you some good reference points it would be him.

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 05, 2002 - 04:24 AM

My '99 doesn't use any oil at all. I get a couple of drops out of the vent tube at the end of the day but I never lose any appreciable amount of oil between oil changes (every 300 miles or so).

Then again, it may be a good thing to drop oil. Kind of like Hansel and Gretel's breadcrumbs so you can find your way home. :)

• mdek

Posted February 05, 2002 - 02:19 PM

I don`t lose any oil either

• Bill

Posted February 05, 2002 - 03:18 PM

I don't loose oil between changes either.

You are......... starting the bike and running the motor before checking the oil??? If you don't, the oil will settle to the sump :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.