Jardine R-T 650R header does not fit.wrong flange

11 replies to this topic
  • pgiinc

Posted May 02, 2007 - 02:34 PM

I just got this full system on ebay. should have know somehing was up buy hopefully i get a new part
anyway
the header flange on the right side won go on its to big dia bolt to bolt by 7 mm
the stock headers flanges are differant by 7mm.the left is longer then the right
but the jardine header Igot new in box has the same size flanges on both header pipes mounting to motor
any one back me up here

• drop

Posted May 02, 2007 - 02:59 PM

Ah crap. I just got one off ebay too. I haven't tried mounting mine yet though. Please fit.

• drop

Posted May 02, 2007 - 03:05 PM

Well, I just went and looked at mine and the flanges are different sizes. So I guess I'm safe. It sounds like Jardine put two left hand flanges on your header. I've heard they have good customer service so they'll probably just exchange it for one with the proper flanges. Give them a call.

• pgiinc

Posted May 02, 2007 - 04:05 PM

yes that what it looks like to me two left hand flanges

• drop

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:31 PM

Yeah. It must be a manufacturing error. Maybe contact the ebay seller too. He may have more and send a replacement header. If he doesn't you may have a case against him with ebay.

• pgiinc

Posted May 03, 2007 - 09:56 AM

ok I called customer service at jardine spoke to Ashley
yes we are aware there was a bad run of these with wrong header flanges on them please send it bad at your expense(the customer)and will will fix and send it back at at our expense
I fussed about that I think they should pay both ways what do you guys think? she would not budge
I temped to just return the whole exhaust
I alreaday have the old one off and the bike is sitting there and will be 2 weeks before a fix comes
I am pisssed
who say Jardine had good customer service
they should have said sir we are sorry we wil send you a replacement header pipe with the correct header flange on it with a return lable to send the wrong one back in same box
but nooooo
grrrrrrrrrrrr

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drop

Posted May 03, 2007 - 12:35 PM

I agree they should send you the new part first. I'm sure the shipping costs won't be much but it's the principle of the matter. Plus your bike is down during prime riding time. Did you try contacting the ebay seller?

• pgiinc

Posted May 03, 2007 - 12:48 PM

I agree they should send you the new part first. I'm sure the shipping costs won't be much but it's the principle of the matter. Plus your bike is down during prime riding time. Did you try contacting the ebay seller?

yes I did the ebay seller offered to refund my money and pay for the shipping back to him, said he did not have any replacement items although he could have opened a box and shiped me a new part and sent his back to Jardine
he sells one right after another on ebay, so I know he has more, also said he sold another one with same problem
but if I wanted a fix to call Jardine
So I felt like I got a good deal at $301 for the full system so I did not really want to send it back and I have taken my old exhaust off at this point i just wanted it resovled asap so i can get my bike back together
so I wait it won't be there till next thursday ups ground
I gusee it will take another week for them to ship one back or more
I am sorry they should expidite this
Jardine folks step up and speak here

• drop

Posted May 03, 2007 - 02:39 PM

$301 is a steal. I paid $351 probably from the same seller over a month ago. They were going for over $450 when I first started watching. To think I was going to get the pro-circuit system which are going for $600.

• roadrunner81

Posted May 03, 2007 - 03:05 PM

I called Jardine yesteday and spoke with someone that said that pipe is discontiued, I hope you can get your parts.

• drop

Posted May 20, 2007 - 09:52 AM

Oh man. I finally got around to installing my Jardine system today and I have the same problem. The right hand exhaust flange on the header is too wide to fit. Did you ever get your replacement part from Jardine?

• pgiinc

Posted May 20, 2007 - 07:20 PM

yes I did took two weeks I have it installed now and I likey
I had to grind the shitty weld of the inside of header pipe

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.