brake light on 02 wr426

5 replies to this topic
  • gimple393

Posted May 02, 2007 - 12:43 PM

i have a brake light and tail light kit. i also have a switch that needs mounted to the brake lever to work. can anyone show me some pics or tell me what they did to get the switch mounted so i have brake lights?

• byggd

Posted May 02, 2007 - 03:31 PM

Here is the tail light that came with my BD kit. Get a hydraulic switch, you will like it much better than a pull type.

http://s18.photobuck...nt=DSkit002.jpg

• gimple393

Posted May 02, 2007 - 03:57 PM

how did you mount the hydro switch and where can i get one. the bike is sweet by the way

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted May 03, 2007 - 03:56 AM

how did you mount the hydro switch and where can i get one. the bike is sweet by the way

It came with my Baja Designs Kit but they also sell them separatly for $20. You replace the banjo bolt in the master cyl with the switch.. Take a look at their site. https://www.bajadesi...2.aspx?content=

• gimple393

Posted May 03, 2007 - 12:41 PM

thats what Im talking about. thanks for the help. I am asuming that its the nissin one.

• beavis2732

Posted May 03, 2007 - 06:51 PM

yes get the nissin one. It should be the one with the 1.25mm thread pitch. It jsut replaces the banjo bolt and then you have to bleed your brakes. To hook up the power, you have to splice one side into the main power and the other into the brake light. It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish but I have a canadian spec WR400 which already has the pigtail for the brake light.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.