"TPS sensor??" Please help

4 replies to this topic
  • XR250_RIDER_14

Posted May 01, 2007 - 05:52 PM

I sent my carb out to Zip ty racing, and when I was disconnecting the carb I accidently loosened two small star head looking bolts to disconnect something and I think it is this that Ga426 said was hard to reset. I accidentally loosened these:naughty: to remove this and realized there was a wire with a connector I could remove instead. How do I reset this thing:confused: . I would show you a picture, but I can't find one.

It was on the left side of the carb opposite side of exhaust and on the top of the carb.

And by the way on my 03 all I had to do to remove the carb was remove the gas tank and seat. It was simple. Everyone said it was hard and talked about removing sub frame bolts and all kinds of stuff.

Is there anything I need to do or set when I put my carb back in after getting it back from zip ty? I live pretty close to sea level right around st. louis area.

Can't wait to get it back and try it out:ride:

• grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2007 - 08:19 PM

Well, this will be fun.

The adjustment procedure is on page 6-10 of the manual. If you look closely, you'll see the "witness marks" let by the screws on the body of the sensor. You can use these to get the unit close to its correct position. Then bolt it on a try it. The trouble with the '06 is that you cannot access the TPS screws in place to make adjustments, so if it's wrong, you have to remove it, move it, and retry. Alternatively, you can see if you can leave the screws just loose enough to let you move the switch while the engine runs, then take the carb off and tighten it once you figure out where it goes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:17 AM

Well, this will be fun..

more like ugly............:applause:

XR you sre going to need some onsite assistance to get this right......do a search on TPS reset and remember all the steps. A 2nd set of hands will be most desired. Trust me :applause:

• WhistlerCowboy

Posted May 21, 2007 - 03:10 PM

Damn TPS...had one go down on me on my Yamaha Apex Turbo 20km out in the backcountry....sled would die at low rpm so had to ride it hard to get out.Normal setting for the sled is 15-95 and mine was 30-115.Ran like a dog!Not easy to change on a sled especially with an intercooler in the way.

• Pozi

Posted May 22, 2007 - 03:13 PM

Did someone say TPS?

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.