Bent rim

5 replies to this topic
  • BigBadJohn

Posted May 01, 2007 - 04:05 PM

Hello guys,

Im looking for some suggestions. I let my brother inlaw ride my 426 after he said " if i wreck it ill pay for it". Well he hit a rock, apparently at a high rate of speed as the rim was bent at the impact spot and it blew the tube.

Where would be a good place to get an OEM rim? Would an aftermarket rim be as good as my Eccel factory rim? Will I need to get the spoke kit as well, or can I just use my spokes?

or should I just beat my rim back into place with a hammer?

What would you do?

• zuk931

Posted May 01, 2007 - 04:51 PM

check ebay first.

• WR_Dave

Posted May 01, 2007 - 05:51 PM

I wouldn't try to fix a bent rim, bending it back usually will crack it ( very dangerous if not noticed--don't ask! ) You should be able to get an Excel aftermarket rim and spokes for less than the OEM price ( same stuff I believe). Besides your not paying for it so I would go with the best parts possible :applause: WR Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted May 01, 2007 - 09:09 PM

if you are patient, you can get OEM take-off rims on ebay for a steal.

i picked up my rear WR wheel (including hub/sprocket/disk) for 135 SHIPPED

but like i said, you have to be patient, and have good ebay search-fu....because people cant seem to decide how wr450f is spelled.

wr 450
etc etc etc, ad nauseum.

• ARin

Posted May 01, 2007 - 09:10 PM

• trickwarrior

Posted May 03, 2007 - 06:21 AM

I have a rear 19" OEM rim to let go. Any interest?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.