L.E.D. brake/taillight retrofit

10 replies to this topic
  • dezracerE

Posted May 01, 2007 - 02:49 PM

Anyone using the DRC LED brake/taillight from Wheeling Supply that fits in the stock XR lense?
I have an A.C. setup (no battery) and am wondering on how well it works before I try one.
I keep blowing 2 way bulbs in my current setup when I ride in the dirt.

• gchidest

Posted May 01, 2007 - 03:03 PM

I have the light you are talking about and really like it. It is very bright and is easy to install. I am not sure of the durability of it yet, as it only has about 50 miles on it. When I mounted mine, I did not use the bracket wheeling supplies and instead, cut the stock rubber and left it in the fender. I mounted the light directly to fender with the stock rubber underneath. This acts as a rubber mount and takes some vibration out. It did not affect the light output.

• MindBlower

Posted May 01, 2007 - 04:49 PM

Anyone using the DRC LED brake/taillight from Wheeling Supply that fits in the stock XR lense?
I have an A.C. setup (no battery) and am wondering on how well it works before I try one.
I keep blowing 2 way bulbs in my current setup when I ride in the dirt.

Do a search on that in the forums. there was a pretty long discussion about them when they first came out. Think most were pretty happy with them though a couple have had them burn out. Same with Baja Designs LED tailight. Don't think they are REALLY made to bounce around like a dirt bike does. But then neither are the bulbs, as you know.

• AngryShawn

Posted May 01, 2007 - 10:16 PM

I have 1K street miles so far with mine and just started taking it offroad. I'm running it off of the AC only with a rewound stator and I'm really happy with the setup. The first one I got was faulty and Forrest at WCS shipped a replacement out right away. As has been said many times here, WCS has awesome customer service, I'm a repeat customer for sure.

• jesusgatos

Posted May 01, 2007 - 11:36 PM

Can I get a link to these lights you're talking about? I just bought a new UFO rear fender and Baja Designs LED taillight / license plate mount, but I don't have the actual light for the stock fender (bike didn't come with it).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pman13

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:22 AM

I'd love to see a link as well, because I quit riding at night because the stock tail light keeps going out since I installed a new stator.

• dezracerE

Posted May 02, 2007 - 06:26 AM

I do not know how to post links but the site is:
Wheeling Cycle Supply

• dezracerE

Posted May 02, 2007 - 06:29 AM

I have 1K street miles so far with mine and just started taking it offroad. I'm running it off of the AC only with a rewound stator and I'm really happy with the setup. The first one I got was faulty and Forrest at WCS shipped a replacement out right away. As has been said many times here, WCS has awesome customer service, I'm a repeat customer for sure.

Street is ok for the bulb setup- let us know how well it holds up off road.
$19 is a lot to spend everytime an led blows out. As it is- the bulbs cost me $2.40 apiece.

• hypersthenos

Posted May 02, 2007 - 09:14 AM

I bought a similar LED replacement throught SuperbrightLEDs.com for less than 1/2 the price. It was a replacement for an 1157 so I just cut the wires which went to the bulb base adaptor & wired it direct to my wiring harness. I then mounted it under the stock lense with some clear silicone adhesive caulk. Works great.

• gchidest

Posted May 02, 2007 - 10:51 AM

http://www.thumperta...?t=364330&pp=10

• dezracerE

Posted May 02, 2007 - 12:52 PM

http://www.thumperta...?t=364330&pp=10

Thanks for the link.
I ran a search before starting this thread- guess I missed it.
Will be ordering one soon.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.