2 wheel-drive WR450

4 replies to this topic
  • xrmarty

Posted May 01, 2007 - 12:27 PM

I wonder if this is the future of off road bikes.

http://translate.goo...?id_article=291

• MSHAM

Posted May 01, 2007 - 12:30 PM

That article is from 2003!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wes_scooter

Posted May 01, 2007 - 03:45 PM

i like the idea...they had a article in my dirt bike mag years ago...was just a prototype at that time...maby they will offer it with fuel injection in the near feauture

• MountainMax

Posted May 01, 2007 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, i browsed other country sites for wr's before also to see the differences, they still offer a 2wd version in europe and in australia they offer a fully street version, right out of the box, wish i had one of those.......

• OzMatt

Posted May 02, 2007 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, i browsed other country sites for wr's before also to see the differences, they still offer a 2wd version in europe and in australia they offer a fully street version, right out of the box, wish i had one of those.......

Unfortunatly the Australian version never passed the inspection to get registration and subsequently Yamaha were left with $22,000 bikes with nowhere to ride them. I guess they are now collectors items because I think they no longer produce them. Good idea in theory but it did add a lot of weight to the bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.