Trail Tech or Acewell?

20 replies to this topic
  • Gray

Posted May 01, 2007 - 11:48 AM

Which motorcycle computer would you guys recommned? I have been looking at the Trail Tech Vapor for my 2006 XR 650 R and I also looked at the Acewell. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg.

• Cambo

Posted May 01, 2007 - 03:44 PM

The acewell has a very large display easy to read. My brother has the trail tech and does not like the small display and vibration. Acewell :applause:

• kelleyseiler

Posted May 01, 2007 - 05:15 PM

I installed a Vapor on my XR650L and I love it! I fabricated a mount for it that mounts directly to the stock mount behind the headlight, there are two roubber mounts, one on the stock mount and one on the mount on the Vapor. Absolutly no vibration. This top picture is almost actual size (just a little smaller)
Posted Image
Posted Image

• bobscoffeeshop

Posted May 01, 2007 - 08:01 PM

I would go with a Trail Tech anyday. Great value. They work well. Etc.

• jesusgatos

Posted May 01, 2007 - 11:38 PM

I just bought and installed 3 vapors on different bikes and an Enduro on another. Really happy with all of them and the customer service at Trailtech rocks!

• lhark

Posted May 02, 2007 - 02:38 PM

I have to agree....I'm on my third computer, two endurance (RMX 250, XR650L) and my first Vapor on an LC4. My applications needed a little tweaking to get right, but they were a big help. My emails were answered within a reasonable amount of time, with good info. My only beef is: they always seem to charge more for shipping and handling, than I would like.
Shipping? Yup. Handling? How much does it take to pull a magnetic disc bolt, and box it up?

• pgiinc

Posted May 02, 2007 - 04:58 PM

acewell here I like the blue lcd
Posted Image

• lhark

Posted May 04, 2007 - 02:36 PM

Nice look, for sure

• Mogdorr

Posted May 05, 2007 - 09:12 AM

I like my acewell, big display, well back-lit for night, good selection of indicator LED's, easy to mount.

• asf

Posted May 07, 2007 - 01:01 PM

I like my vapor, its plenty big enough and looks factory. I dont have any vibe issues and Ive got it mounted directly to the top trple without any rubber washers.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TREADMARKS

Posted May 08, 2007 - 04:40 AM

Add me to the pro vapor list. TT has great customer service too.

• J_T

Posted May 08, 2007 - 10:01 AM

I have trail tech and have contacted customer service and they are great to work with...I'd use them again! Never used the Acewell or have no experince with them they might be good...but I know Trail Tech is good

• nyburner

Posted May 08, 2007 - 12:00 PM

does the trail tech have a backlight like the acewell? how is the TT visibility at night?

• jesusgatos

Posted May 08, 2007 - 12:03 PM

Yes, the Trailtech has a backlight. It's a lot brighter if you wire it into the bike's electrical system. If you run the unit off of it's internal battery, it's only about 1/10th as bright (to extend the battery's life).

• slotcarrod

Posted May 11, 2007 - 09:01 AM

I have had both, but now I only run the Acewell! The Trail Tech brand is very good. However the Larger screen and LCD on the Acewell is better. The Acewell installation instructions could be better. The Trail Tech instructions are very good.

The Acewell is very easy to use and looks better. I now have one on my XR650R and my CRF450X. The Trail Tech is getting punted to my Daughters bike!

• kelleyseiler

Posted May 11, 2007 - 05:35 PM

I have had both, but now I only run the Acewell! The Trail Tech brand is very good. However the Larger screen and LCD on the Acewell is better. The Acewell installation instructions could be better. The Trail Tech instructions are very good.

The Acewell is very easy to use and looks better. I now have one on my XR650R and my CRF450X. The Trail Tech is getting punted to my Daughters bike!

You say "it looks better" that is very subjective dont you think?

• Apoc

Posted November 23, 2008 - 04:02 PM

I was thinking about getting a Vapor, it seems to be a good unit.
Does anyone have a pic with the illumination turned on?

The Ace looks pretty cool with the blue backlight.

• jeanluconze

Posted November 23, 2008 - 04:38 PM

see my garage for pic showing the brightness of the vapor wired directly to the battery. VERY BRIGHT!

• martinfan30

Posted November 23, 2008 - 07:47 PM

One year, six months and counting.
:bonk:

• TopDogDave

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:37 AM

I got a Vapour and their 'frame' with indicators etc.
My gripe?
They don't use leds in the frame-just old fashioned lamps - why? They are really dim in sunlight and a big let down.
Also the wires are too light gauge for the application and need careful installation to avoid damage.
The oil temp sender wire is just a tad too short and i had to cut and re-join it.
On the + side is does work...but why the short cuts?!?!
TDD

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.