Are You A Man, Or A Mouse-Feedback

55 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:13 PM

I think it's nothing more then something that others play with. It doesn't do anything and is for the enjoyment of those that live on the forum with nothing better to do. There are some posters that give nothing but, bogus replies. They don't check the facts first and pop off with answers that can cost others money and headaches. If it helped stop those it would be worth something but, it doesn't. Most of the guys that know and race this bike seriously (XR650R) have moved on leaving more and more guys that just guess at what is going on. There was a time when this forum was mostly XR650R now it is mainly a XL650L forum that isn't about serious issues anymore. Both bikes have been hashed out well and there is tons of info on the net if you look for it. So, that leaves a forum like this........

But there are guys like me who are new to the XR650R, but not motorcycles in general, who live in areas in the country where there is no support for the XR650R, ie dealer support, local shop support, etc. and who never see this bike in person but in their own garage who look for advice from those like yourself. We do however have to sort through the information as some offer ill advise at times. If I was back home where I grew up in San Diego, I could go to shops who know the bike, unlike where I live. I want to thank you for your support, and I do understand your point as well. :applause:

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:40 PM

This is a good reason to drop the feed back feature, there are way too many bozos that play with it. The picked on become feed back bullies on the internet.

Some bozo gave me bad feed back for this.:applause:

• Bibleman

Posted May 02, 2007 - 05:58 PM

I feel a little better now. I'm not the only one with unintelligible negative feedback such as "jfpf". :applause:

• BWB63

Posted May 02, 2007 - 06:17 PM

Well, I gave everyone great feadback till I got a message that I gave to much for today. Did it help? I didn't see any change....... Got to give the BibleMan good feed back....he reads the Bible....Even thought Kawabuggy is on a Honda thread he gives good answers, Supplicate is so funny, Jackattack has been here forever, I am with needsprayer I need all the prayer I can get, HawkGT must have given me good feed back so, I had to return the favor, and some others I gave some kjgdfksh and hrejh or was that fhgf and jlkjk???

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 02, 2007 - 06:18 PM

To all the feed back A-holes kldmnekdi****ufmnnroidsjg!!!

• Motosprtman

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:08 AM

ya know it really pissed me off about some unknowns leaving bad feedback and I figure they are the type that run a motor without oil and ask what went wrong. So, I'll hang in there and just consider the source (s).

• LeadDoggy

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:42 AM

I just updated my signature line yesterday. While doing so I see that a couple people have posted some negative comments.

One person went so far as to call me a "looser". Hey buddy, if you can't spael werdds & yoose prapeer anglish perhaps you should not be adding to peoples feedback. If you read this-and you know who you are-I DARE you to make a comment like that to my face. I will make your dentist happy with the money he makes off fixing your busted grill.

If you don't like what someone else has to say, and they have not attacked YOU directly-be a MAN, and behave like your parents brought you up properly. This site is about sharing knowledge & information to help others along the path. If you can't contribute POSITIVELY-maybe you should go back to the daycare you escaped from.

I think the moderators should make the writer of all feedback public. Unfortunately it is going to have to come to that as some people, under the condition of anonymity will act like the "loosers" that they are.

I just read another post where someone gave a guy negative feedback. I read what the guy posted and can see no reason why someone would do that. He posted from his personal experience and beliefs and I actually agreed with what he had to say.

I send this request out to the moderators-please make the identity of ALL people posting feedback available to those that are receiving the feedback.

I bet you most the negative crap will stop immediately once people are held accountable for their actions. Just like mommy & daddy used to do-or should have done.:applause:

Some nimrod gave me a negative feedback for a very simple reply. It stated to "read the orginal post carefully". All I typed was "Maybe the screws are too tight". Now, I work hard on TT to give good advice and get nothing, or I get "dinged" by some nimrod. Some people here have tons of gas and if you look at their record, it's hard to figure why by reading their posts. What's up with that.
Maybe the moderators should look at some of these "Bad Gas" feedbacks and evaluate and or remove undeserved negative feedback.
Now I don't worry too much about the feedback stuff anymore. I read and reply to posts, and have a good time. Life's too short.......

• HeadTrauma

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:40 AM

You know what? I don't pay attention to the little gas gage under everyones' names. I see some people with low post counts and lots of reputation, while others have 1000+ and few rep credits, but they give good info.

It seems to me like an unreliable way to judge someone's credibility on here.

On a different message board I frequent, I told a drunk that no one wanted to read his pointless babbling. Then I got some barely coherent negative rep from him. However, THAT message board allows you to see who gave you that rep.

• Motosprtman

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:43 AM

You hit it once again B-Dub! Boring people with boring lives with nothing else better to do! Dont worry about negative feedback, it doesnt go on your credit report.:applause:

The above reply is the quintessential nail on the head with regards to this topic. Those without a clue or lives outside of the internet and BB's such as this, will always exist. Their minimal brain capacity is at it's fullest extent when they find they are able to drill down in a site to leave inapplicable feedback due to thier complete misunderstanding and lack of comprehension.

For those of us that truly enjoy the sport and know the difference between a combination wrench and a screwdriver, let's press on.

• LoopyJones82

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:54 AM

I've never even thought about giving negetive feedback to someone....until I read this stupid post.

:applause:

:applause: don't be lame man... it's not a stupid post. the guy is just tryin to get TT to do somethin.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted May 04, 2007 - 09:19 AM

:applause: don't be lame man... it's not a stupid post. the guy is just tryin to get TT to do somethin.

Please slow down here. Some of the guys have been here for years and are just being light. Jackattack has been here forever and has a great funny bone. The smilies are also here to tell more of what is trying to be said. Remember, that most of what you read only says what you want it too. There are a lot of mistakes and we should just let them go. The mistakes I have trouble with are the ones that screw with the facts of how to fix our bikes RIGHT! Not someone just guessing.

• needsprayer

Posted May 04, 2007 - 10:37 AM

Please slow down here. Some of the guys have been here for years and are just being light. Jackattack has been here forever and has a great funny bone. The smilies are also here to tell more of what is trying to be said. Remember, that most of what you read only says what you want it too. There are a lot of mistakes and we should just let them go. The mistakes I have trouble with are the ones that screw with the facts of how to fix our bikes RIGHT! Not someone just guessing.

Dat be rite, JacAhTack ride da bling a ding smokin thing an da pigy 2. :applause:

• cleonard

Posted May 04, 2007 - 11:45 AM

There are a lot of mistakes and we should just let them go. The mistakes I have trouble with are the ones that screw with the facts of how to fix our bikes RIGHT! Not someone just guessing.

I post here for several reasons. One is just for some writing practice. Another is to find out what I think I know, but don't. There is no faster way to find out what you are wrong about than speaking up. It's worked for me.

Most everything that I learned about bikes came the hard way. I have broken my share of parts when trying to do a repair. There are usually a lot of ways to get a job done. I'm sure that some of my "shade tree" techniques would cause a factory mechanic to cringe.

• Thumpmeister

Posted May 04, 2007 - 12:06 PM

I post here for several reasons. One is just for some writing practice. Another is to find out what I think I know, but don't. There is no faster way to find out what you are wrong about than speaking up. It's worked for me.

Most everything that I learned about bikes came the hard way. I have broken my share of parts when trying to do a repair. There are usually a lot of ways to get a job done. I'm sure that some of my "shade tree" techniques would cause a factory mechanic to cringe.

OOOOhhhh man, I can atest to that one!!! :applause:

Although, every time I get a new part or have to repair something, I do refer to the shop manual the best I can, if I don't know anything about it. I'm not gonna refer there to take off the seat, though... :applause:

• xr500_89

Posted May 04, 2007 - 12:11 PM

i know exactly how you guys feel, some guys left me neg feedback after posting that if you take off your airbox you pose a chance of getting water into your motor, and this was what i got "neon scense" and "gaer"

• JackAttack

Posted May 04, 2007 - 01:16 PM

Dat be rite, JacAhTack ride da bling a ding smokin thing an da pigy 2. :p

Smoker is for sale. It's just not as much fun as the piggy.:applause:

Soon to have 2003 XR650R for sale. Slightly used...ridden off-road to church on Sundays by a vet, slow guy. :applause:

• martensrj

Posted May 04, 2007 - 01:30 PM

bottom line... who really cares about the feedback. put on your kevlar t-shirt and keep posting. morons will continue to thrive among us until they approve the abortion term limit to 75 years after birth.....

best wishes to all riders ( mostly two wheelers though) ... rm sends

• HeadTrauma

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:11 PM

Oh the irony. I just got a negative feedback on the "have 51hp, need 65hp" thread with the retarded comment "what the?"

I really would appreciate it if the mods allow us know WHO left us feedback. I mean, what the hell is the point?

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:39 PM

Oh the irony. I just got a negative feedback on the "have 51hp, need 65hp" thread with the retarded comment "what the?"

I really would appreciate it if the mods allow us know WHO left us feedback. I mean, what the hell is the point?

I got a What The with 4 question marks, might be the same idiot.

• HeadTrauma

Posted May 04, 2007 - 08:43 PM

Mine only had one question mark, but the time stamp is 5:48pm PST May 4, 2007 if that's relevant.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.