u got a 98 yz400f

22 replies to this topic
  • adens13

Posted February 22, 2008 - 12:38 PM

just bought a 99 a month ago for 1700 bucks. i was looking to spend more and get a newer bike but it was cherry so i bought it. after 3 times out i love it. a bit heavy but you dont really (or at least i dont) notice it unless your picking it up on a steep hill :smirk: so far so good. plenty fast for me. replaced the stock bars with oversized and raised ones and im as happy with the bike as can be. will be all i need until i can afford something newer and lighter...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dedelmon

Posted February 22, 2008 - 03:04 PM

I have had my 99YZ400F for about 7 months now and love it. Racing it this weekend and have had no engine issues. My upgrades were to a SDG tall seat, protaper fat bars with universal mounts, new MSR clutch lever with thumb decompress button, Maxxis Tires and heavier springs for my size. I did have the cracked tank problem but got a sweet deal on an clarke OEM tank new on ebay for 65 bucks.

• Yamaha WR400F

Posted February 23, 2008 - 10:32 AM

I set my WR400 up just for riding in deep snow this winter, heated grips, and the Trelliborgs mounted, and have only had a chance to ride it a few times. This past Sunday the ground was nothing but a sheet of ice and light snow so I took it for a ride, and had a blast!
It hooked up every where, power to spare, 3rd and 4th gear backing it into corners on twisty trails and the bike and tires never let loose, what a fun day.
I'll have to get around to hosting the video and post it up, I was by myself because no one else wanted to ride in those conditions, so it's not my usual video of chasing another rider, but still fun.

Here's the link to the video's
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=609111

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.