XT250 Oil seals?

3 replies to this topic
  • swingle12

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:42 PM

My 1981 XT 250 has started leaking oil at the kickstarter and the front sprocket. It got so bad I quit riding it last year. I'd like to replace the seals, but I haven't been able to find a source. Can anyone tell me where to get a seal kit? Also, how hard is it to replace them? I don't mind pulling the right cover off to replace the kickstart seal, but what about the left side?

• TOWGOD24

Posted April 30, 2007 - 07:26 PM

HY,YOU CAN GET THE SEALS FROM YAMAHA LES THAN $6.00 A PEICE WWW.YAMAHASPORTSPLAZA.COM. GO TO THE SITE LOOK UP YOUR BIKE.AND LOOK UNDER KICK STARTER AND TRANSMISSION .IT DOSENT LOOK TO HARD. GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS WILL HELP. 82 XT550

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kirkswim

Posted May 10, 2007 - 05:11 PM

Yammi still sells them. I removed mine in the bike. Haven't installed the new ones yet as the top end is appart.

• spokexx

Posted March 12, 2010 - 01:45 PM

i need to replace my oil seal as well, the one on the output/drive shaft behind the front sprocket. Does it just pop right out or does the engine need to come out and the cases need to be split?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.