XR650L convert big goofy taillight to small R model type

46 replies to this topic
  • YetiX

Posted June 05, 2007 - 08:54 AM

Reaction time keeps other things form getting ugly. Like a BMW logo imprinting your spine. :ride:

Wait, are you saying the BMW tatoo on my shoulder is ugly?? :thumbsup:

Seriously, I have the Acerbis one and have had no problems with it at all. It's not as big as the stock light but certainly seems big enough. Maybe I should isolate it with a rubber mount? :)

• 2manytoyz

Posted June 15, 2007 - 04:28 PM

I ordered the WPS light from the Thumper store for my 650 L only to have them tell me they are on perminant back order... Anyone know where else I can get one of these? :thumbsup:

Call four strokes only they have them in stock

• XR 650

Posted June 16, 2007 - 01:57 AM

I ordered the WPS light from the Thumper store for my 650 L only to have them tell me they are on perminant back order... Anyone know where else I can get one of these? :thumbsup:

I think they still have them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • axle8

Posted June 17, 2007 - 09:02 AM

Whiteman, I was looking at the pictures of your cool taillight and couldn't help but notice your exhaust. Is that an XRs ONLY pipe, and if so how do you like it? I ordered one the other day. How loud is it?

• Whiteman

Posted June 17, 2007 - 10:52 AM

It is the XR's Only pipe and header. The pipe is very loud without the quite core insert. With the quite core the noise is ok with a nice throaty sound. The down side is the pipe runs very hot this way. Before you run the pipe with the insert take the sticker off. If you want something on your pipe call Xr's Only and tell them you would like the metal plate to replace your sticker. They sent me mine for free. My stickers burned up in about 100 miles. I have to run the insert to ride on the club land I belong to. If I had to do it over I might have gone with the WB E2 pipe and called it a day.

• axle8

Posted June 17, 2007 - 12:33 PM

Whiteman, I take it that you may be a little disappointed with the pipe. Was the jetting that came with it spot on, or did you have to play with it. I have one on the way, I may go ahead and call them and have them send a metal decal. I have had good luck with Al Baker's stuff in the past so I took a chance. Be nice if you could buy pipes like you buy car stereos. You walk in go to the audio both and start pushing button for the different pipes. That would be nice. Thanks for the info.

• jbird710

Posted June 17, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Using the Maier rear fender and a Baja Designs tail light. The BD doesn't say DOT approved; but, when I got pulled over for speeding, the cop didn't say anything about it. I changed it out for a Cemoto rear fender recently with the same tail light. Several others have checked and it appears XR's Only isn't carrying the Cemoto fender any more. The only place I've found to get one is in Italy and the shipping is probably cost prohibitive.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.