XR650L convert big goofy taillight to small R model type

46 replies to this topic
  • bcone

Posted May 03, 2007 - 07:42 PM

:applause: Yea!!!!

• Motosprtman

Posted May 04, 2007 - 06:53 AM

okay you all sold me I ordered one, and the folding dual sport mirrors too.

• 650_shark

Posted May 04, 2007 - 07:17 AM

who knows of a replacement lens for these lights?

• ajones

Posted May 04, 2007 - 12:21 PM

It bolts up through the holes like the stock one.

I replaced mine with what I thought was a brake light and it was actually just a "running light". The studs were short so I bolted it to the rubber grommit and then pulled the mushroom back through the holes.

NOT THE BEST JOB:bonk:

Just wondering if the threaded studs were longer.

Thank you for the responces.

AJ

• lhark

Posted May 05, 2007 - 03:44 AM

That ProCycle light looks a lot like the Maier unit I've used. I have a Maier rear fender and didn't use the stock rubber mounts at all. This has been on the XRL for 4 summers here, and the only casuality was a broken ground wire, which was an easy fix. It's a decent light, when it's wired right LOL......I did the same thing as others in this thread.

• xr500_89

Posted May 05, 2007 - 05:01 PM

if you want you might try what i did really makes the bike look slick give it a cool mx look check out the rear fender in the pics bolted up withh little cutting then the light went right on the fender will no issue

• Whiteman

Posted May 06, 2007 - 06:03 PM

I finally got some pics of the WPS light to post.
Clear lens on the bottom for a lic. plate light.
Posted Image
Posted Image

side view
Posted Image

I know it was too late but maybe someone else will like it. I think it looks just like the light from the R. Some of the others look a little like a bulky.

• 650_shark

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:03 AM

that light is pretty shnazzy...I like it better than the Maier light I have.

• TrailRiderXRL

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Hey Whiteman! Is the part number for the light you got 60-1455?
Thanks

• Whiteman

Posted May 07, 2007 - 05:50 AM

Hey Whiteman! Is the part number for the light you got 60-1455?
Thanks

That is the one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • percyco

Posted May 07, 2007 - 03:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your imput, I have orderd the WPS from the Thumper Store.

PM Clark
Bath NY

• Shakeyhands

Posted May 08, 2007 - 06:22 AM

so how is the visibilty on the Procycle light from behind? is it as bright as the stocker? The stock light/television set has to be the ugliest thing ever...

• DLS524

Posted May 18, 2007 - 05:23 AM

I ordered the WPS light from the Thumper store for my 650 L only to have them tell me they are on perminant back order... Anyone know where else I can get one of these? :)

• 650_shark

Posted May 18, 2007 - 06:43 AM

I ordered the WPS light from the Thumper store for my 650 L only to have them tell me they are on perminant back order... Anyone know where else I can get one of these? :)

wow, I just ordered one last weekend. I got the email saying it was shipped on wednesday. Good timing on my part.

not sure where you can get it besides TT???

• percyco

Posted May 18, 2007 - 12:57 PM

My WPS taillight came Monday.............................works and looks good !

• 650_shark

Posted May 21, 2007 - 06:09 PM

just got mine today, haven't put it on yet but looks and feels sturdy.

• DLS524

Posted May 22, 2007 - 04:58 AM

Well at least I know why now, They sold out!!! At least I know its a good product.

• Shinyboat

Posted June 04, 2007 - 06:46 PM

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=513&s=2

Under 13 bucks and has a plate lens on it too. I installed this light and bolted my plate below the light on the rear fender. WPS universal tail light... No mods, bolts right on.

I see that it says for offroad use only on the label. Does it say anything like not for highway use or, DOT approved, or SAE ....

I want to make my bike as legal as possible to avoid picky WA cop tickets!

• Whiteman

Posted June 04, 2007 - 07:03 PM

You got me on that one so I just went out and looked at it. There is nothing on it. My stock one doesn't say anything either. As far as the law, most states will list what distance a light can been seen to make it legal. If you run across a cop who is going to measure out 500 feet and see if he can see your tail light then you are very unlucky. I would be more concerned with the improper mounting of the tag.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted June 05, 2007 - 06:28 AM

so how is the visibilty on the Procycle light from behind? is it as bright as the stocker? The stock light/television set has to be the ugliest thing ever...

Depends upon your intended use.

'Ugly' may be function over form, which is a good thing when the self-absorbed idiot behind you is smoking, talking on the cell, watching a DVD, swigging a martini, and putting on her makeup in a lighted visor mirror, all at 70 MPH.

Reaction time keeps other things form getting ugly. Like a BMW logo imprinting your spine. :)

I agree the stocker leaves aesthetics to be desired, but if I replaced mine, it would have to something even brighter or more noticeable. Anyone seen a light with a built in, rear-aimed, windshield-piercing taser? :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.