forgot to change leak and air jet. But bike is running great! 07 wr450

3 replies to this topic
  • xrmarty

Posted April 30, 2007 - 12:42 PM

No of start bog, No TPS cutting out at 50+, no backfire. Power seemed incredible 2000 to 4000 elev. Starts great everytime. I don't know how it starts after a spill cause I haven't had the pleasure yet.

Should I bother going back and replacing the leak/air jets as stated by instrucions on the kit? Access to the carburator on the 07 is an obsolute nightmare! If it were my old XR, I wouldn't think twice about it. But on this bike I have to set aside about a half a day.

BTW: How could I forget to replace those jets? Let's just say, a few brueskis, working very late into the night and being very tired all contributed to this &%$#@!-up. :applause:

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 30, 2007 - 01:58 PM

No of start bog, No TPS cutting out at 50+, no backfire. Power seemed incredible 2000 to 4000 elev. Starts great everytime. I don't know how it starts after a spill cause I haven't had the pleasure yet.

Should I bother going back and replacing the leak/air jets as stated by instrucions on the kit? Access to the carburator on the 07 is an obsolute nightmare! If it were my old XR, I wouldn't think twice about it. But on this bike I have to set aside about a half a day.

BTW: How could I forget to replace those jets? Let's just say, a few brueskis, working very late into the night and being very tired all contributed to this &%$#@!-up. :p

Was it the main air jet that does not exist in the stock form? There is an empty hole right next to the pilot air jet that you are supposed to put the main air jet in.... I was wondering why I was being told to put a jet in where one did not previously exist but I figured it was due to the removal of the air pump..:excuseme:

I would keep a close eye on things to make sure you are not running lean to the point you cause engine damage but if it works I would leave it as is or atleast drink less beer next time you dismantle :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted April 30, 2007 - 08:33 PM

I would keep a close eye on things to make sure you are not running lean to the point you cause engine damage but if it works I would leave it as is or atleast drink less beer next time you dismantle :applause:

The GYTR instructions said to replace the main air jet and NOT to replace the slow air jet which was near it.

I'll check the spark plug a few more rides down the line to make sure it's not running too lean or too rich. I couldn't do it now even if I wanted to b/c the bike is at a suspension shop (ESP) for re-spring/re-valve.:excuseme:

• kevinwr450f

Posted May 01, 2007 - 04:16 PM

They restart fine after a fall.... trust me...... I've gone down quite a few times and it restarts just fine!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.