Is XR's Only completely worthless?

41 replies to this topic
  • KShow

Posted May 03, 2007 - 04:05 PM

I will NEVER order from XRs only,, I'll just drive over there and pick up what I want. To be honest, I was picking up some parts the other day and it is amazing how many times the phone rings there. Its a small shop so between the phone calls and countless email orders (and people like me standing in the office asking for parts) They dont get to sit much. Im not saying whats going on there is right or wrong, just that Ive been there watching them personally a couple times, and I know they are trying very hard.

• MindBlower

Posted May 03, 2007 - 04:45 PM

I will NEVER order from XRs only,, I'll just drive over there and pick up what I want. To be honest, I was picking up some parts the other day and it is amazing how many times the phone rings there. Its a small shop so between the phone calls and countless email orders (and people like me standing in the office asking for parts) They dont get to sit much. Im not saying whats going on there is right or wrong, just that Ive been there watching them personally a couple times, and I know they are trying very hard.

Ok, I'll buy that. But as a business owner I've got to wonder why in the he!! anyone would let a phone ring off the hook (with hundreds of dollars in orders in many instances) Versus hiring someone to ANSWER THE PHONES. If they've got one (or two) , then they need to hire ANOTHER. I can't believe they consciously let money slip through their fingers like that! Thats insane! :applause:
Not everyone calls back!! And enough are like me that will just find somewhere else that does answer their phone.
My order totaled $350 or so, and then I would have sent the crank in for another $450 or so. That's ONE $800 order. (ok, two).
POOF.. :applause:

• Bibleman

Posted May 03, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Not to pile on, but I sent a test email a few days ago and haven't heard back. I want one of those thermometer dipsticks, but I think I'll try someplace else.:applause:

• gregman_1

Posted May 04, 2007 - 12:51 PM

In their defense, it really is hard to hire good help in this industry. I'm 24, parts manager at a local dealership, and I've been in the business for 4 years now. All the kids think it's a 24 hr party and most of the older guys want to get paid the same as NASA engineers.

• Bibleman

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:22 PM

Well an update - they emailed me back today and said parts would go out in 2-3 days. I think I'll give it a shot and order the temp dipstick.

• wickedsprint

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:37 PM

I have ordered a few things from them and always got them in a timely manner, the last being a choke plate to get rid of the flapper spring in my carb.

• JD Rider

Posted May 04, 2007 - 05:46 PM

I would have to agree that xrs only is completely worthless. I order several hundred dollars on line with them 6 weeks ago and they charged my credit and I havent received a thing! :applause:

• chpxr

Posted May 08, 2007 - 07:11 PM

wow i'm amazed that so many people are having problems. every time i call and order i have it the next day hmmm maybe it's who you deal with i always deal with karmel and he has always been very up front with me if they don't have something in stock he tells so that i don't sit there waiting and wondering. anyways maybe i have just been lucky:excuseme:

• camoman

Posted May 09, 2007 - 03:33 AM

I guess after reading this post I will buy my Stator through Ricky Stator and not XR's

• goblin127

Posted May 09, 2007 - 05:00 AM

you can't go wrong with ricky stator.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motosprtman

Posted May 09, 2007 - 05:48 AM

wow i'm amazed that so many people are having problems. every time i call and order i have it the next day hmmm maybe it's who you deal with i always deal with karmel and he has always been very up front with me if they don't have something in stock he tells so that i don't sit there waiting and wondering. anyways maybe i have just been lucky:excuseme:

In my limited dealings with XR's only - Karmel is the man to talk to. Professional and very helpul and he does what he says he will do. After I sent them back my Mikuni pumper carb (opting to remain stock on my XR250) I did an exchange for some parts for my 650L and in 3-4 days the parts were at the door.

• Motosprtman

Posted May 09, 2007 - 05:54 AM

In their defense, it really is hard to hire good help in this industry. I'm 24, parts manager at a local dealership, and I've been in the business for 4 years now. All the kids think it's a 24 hr party and most of the older guys want to get paid the same as NASA engineers.

Not to say this is applicable to you as a parts manager, as I am sure your a fine one. But us old guys - who are engineers - dislike the treatment at the parts counter thinking we are idiots or are too poor to have the bike repaired by the "professionals" at the stealer. I prefer to do all of my own work and rarely if ever do I go to a dealership for anything, instead I order what I need online - get it delivered to my door - and without having to stop by and get attitude from the parts counter.

• Mogdorr

Posted May 09, 2007 - 07:49 AM

I had some issues with backordered parts and lost orders, but in the end I got what I wanted, just not in the most timely manner. Satisfied enough.

• Bibleman

Posted May 09, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I just called today and they answered right away and said they'd ship my temp dipstick out right away. We'll see!

• markbec1

Posted May 10, 2007 - 07:37 AM

Well, I ordered Pro Tapers and a top tripple clamp they arrived on time with no problems so I have to give them positive feedback Thanks xr's only.

• xr650danne

Posted May 19, 2007 - 01:35 PM

Well, i have very god expiriance of XR´s Only. And yes Karmel is the man.

I buy from them again :ride: :)

/The Sweeeeede

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 20, 2007 - 02:33 PM

If they're doing a lot of business wonder why they don't have good help or enough help? Maybe no margin or too much money being played with.

• veetwo tls

Posted May 20, 2007 - 02:41 PM

xr's only in australia are really on the ball here.
if parts are in stock usualy 3-5 days (from interstate) in the post -usualy its all instock. other wise its 2-3 weeks due to stock comming from the USA.

machine work usualy 1-2 weeks turn around.

• davidarnott

Posted May 20, 2007 - 04:32 PM

Is that why this is a perma thread? Is thumper talk trying to hammer XR's Only's reputation? Pretty fking low really.

• XR680RR

Posted May 20, 2007 - 07:27 PM

If you would take the time to look into how many have had major trouble with XR's Only phone and web service. Over 60% of the replies on these groups are of bad service from XR's Only. Most see them giving good service if you go to their shop in Hesperia (I have been there) but, they lie and give hit and miss service when you call and much worse when you use the internet.

read some background:

http://www.thumperta......ht=XR's only

Thumpertalk has tried to stop this XR's Only bashing a few time but, seem to have given up do to the fact that so many have had trouble with them.

davidarnott you have given mostly crappy advice (must not check the facts first) both here and on the Yahoo XR650R site.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.