Is XR's Only completely worthless?

41 replies to this topic
  • MindBlower

Posted April 30, 2007 - 08:38 AM

In the past week I have sent a (large) order by email twice, faxed it once and called DOZENS of times. All with NO response. The few times someone actually answered the phone they transfered me to 'parts' where I sat on hold until it automatically disconnects you after a few minutes.
F'ing unbelievable that these idiots are still in business.

• cleonard

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:06 AM

In the past week I have sent a (large) order by email twice, faxed it once and called DOZENS of times. All with NO response. The few times someone actually answered the phone they transfered me to 'parts' where I sat on hold until it automatically disconnects you after a few minutes.

Stories like this have kept me from buying anything from them. However, I have had them do machine work. They are really one of the best in this deparment. Not that they are quick, but they do a good job. I live about 90 miles from them and I have driven there to deliver my parts. What I saw was typical of a small company that has way too much business. The phones rang off the hook and they didn't have enough staff to deal with it all.

They really need to split the business into two. One for service and machine work, and another for the parts business.

• Denn10

Posted April 30, 2007 - 10:12 AM

Glad i can take a 15 drive and go there in person. I wouldnt think thats their normal practice but i know what your saying < customer satisfaction should be their #1 priority. Tell em whats been happening ill bet they take care of you doesnt hurt to try.

• goblin127

Posted April 30, 2007 - 10:29 AM

The times I have used them I never had the problems alot of people seem to have. The products I have bought have all been great. But it seems there is something wrong here,its to bad.

• jbird710

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:04 AM

There have been several threads about this. It seems to be about a 70 / 30 thing - about 70% have issues and 30% have no problems at all. It took 7 phone calls, 6 emails, and 4 months to get my parts ordered last year. One part, that was supposed to be anodized red, came with the stock aluminum finish. To be fair, they did offer to replace the part. But, at that point, I just wanted to be done with them. They seem to have good products but have serious service issues.

• Sipes77

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:24 AM

Is XR's Only by the Hesperia, CA. Airport?

• cleonard

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:47 AM

Is XR's Only by the Hesperia, CA. Airport?

That is them.

• Whiteman

Posted April 30, 2007 - 12:50 PM

I just got off the phone with them for a little issue. I called 760-244-2626. I was talking to a guy named Freddy who claims to be the owner. He seemed very helpful. If you wanted a red end cap I think I have it.
I won't bash them yet because they are working on my problem If it is not fixed by next week then I will post. If it is fixed I will also post.

• cyclewizard

Posted April 30, 2007 - 01:22 PM

Stories like this have kept me from buying anything from them. However, I have had them do machine work. They are really one of the best in this deparment. Not that they are quick, but they do a good job. I live about 90 miles from them and I have driven there to deliver my parts. What I saw was typical of a small company that has way too much business. The phones rang off the hook and they didn't have enough staff to deal with it all.

They really need to split the business into two. One for service and machine work, and another for the parts business.

I'm a small time machine & cycle shop too.
We have the same problems that all small business owners have, finding good help. We bust our nuts to do the best we can do with what little resources we have.
I got all older people working for me because the young guys think their worth big money. I hate to tell ya but there's not that much money in this business. The older generation show up every day without a hang over.

I might just go back to being a one man show again, life was much better then.

• Bibleman

Posted April 30, 2007 - 03:09 PM

Cyclewizard, are we to assume you are the owner of XRs Only? If so, am I safe placing an order? It's ironic this thread just came up because I finally got some FUNds in today and was about to place an order tonight!:applause:

PS I know what you mean about good help being hard to find-I'm a small business owner too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jon-D

Posted April 30, 2007 - 04:55 PM

Try Motorcycle Goodies in Pasadena. Travis is the owner and allways treats his customers well. The number is 1-888-252-2000. You can also contact him through this site, he has been a member for years now.

• markbec1

Posted April 30, 2007 - 04:57 PM

I actually just place a order for a xr650r top tripple clamp and a set of Pro Taper bars on there web site they were $89.00 quoted me $69.00 which I thought was pretty cool. My order should be here by the end of the week or early next week I will post how my entire transaction goes. I did notice they seemed pretty short on the phone until I placed the order and where vary helpful at that point. I would have to say a positive purchase so far.

• MindBlower

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:29 PM

Well, they called today and left me a message that they had the order and can fill it if I want. Now I'm REALLY torn after hearing of problems GETTING what you ordered.......
This after I sent a nasty fax this morning. (not nasty nasty, just "i won't be doing business here" nasty)

• cyclewizard

Posted April 30, 2007 - 06:21 PM

Cyclewizard, are we to assume you are the owner of XRs Only? If so, am I safe placing an order? It's ironic this thread just came up because I finally got some FUNds in today and was about to place an order tonight!:excuseme:

PS I know what you mean about good help being hard to find-I'm a small business owner too.

HAHA no I'm not affiliated with XR's only. But I'll sell you the parts you want.
LOL....I'm not making excuses for them, it ticks me off when companies treat their customers like crap also. I'll hire more help even if it means taking a loss to make my customers happy! With the internet today it doesn't take long to get a bad name. I work to 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning to get my customs bikes done if that's what it takes. It does help having a passion for this sport.:applause:

• beezerjoe

Posted April 30, 2007 - 06:43 PM

No I don't think they're worthless.But according to one of the guys that works there some of they're help isn't the best.I sent an XR 600 crank,barrel, and head down for machine work. It took alittle while but the work was top notch. I think it's probably as stated before, just a small shop with a lot of work and maybe some kids that don't understand the job yet.

• Potts228

Posted May 01, 2007 - 01:21 PM

Yes, as others have said, this has been a topic on Thumpertalk several times. I had a bad (frustrating) experience with them and the good news is you don't need them at all. There's not much that they sell that you can't get from another source. I think the biggest problem I had was the lying or what I perceived as lying. They told me my order had shipped (twice) and the items never did. It was either lying or they were just too lazy to look into the order and get the facts.

• BWB63

Posted May 01, 2007 - 04:25 PM

Here are a few threads about XR's only that have hashed there way of doing business. There are a few that work there that have joined the group to fight back on all the bad talk. There is a weeks worth of reading on this:crazy: but, enough to let the buyer know if he wants to take the chance of buying from them or not:excuseme:

http://www.thumperta...light=XR's only

• Luvthemtorts

Posted May 01, 2007 - 08:42 PM

Being new to the dual sport scene I did not research them before ordering.
I placed my order online for a skidplate for my XR650L and the site showed it as being in stock. Got an email the next day saying it was backordered for a week. A week and a half later I call and the fellow says it will be another week before they come in. The following week I get a call stating that the part is now available but I need to pay for it if I want it.
Checked my Paypal and credit card statements and it was billed the very night I placed the order. I sent them an email to notify them of this with no response and then called to tell them to check their records and send me my freakin' part. Two days later it showed up at my door.
The whole time the website still showed the part as in stock and ready to ship.
Bottom line, I will not be ordering from them again.

• thecirque

Posted May 01, 2007 - 10:16 PM

The fact the the last catalog I recieved said "CRF's ONLY" on the cover was enough for me to send my business elsewhere. ;O)

• Rangerfng

Posted May 02, 2007 - 03:18 AM

WOW! I thats crazy. I contacted Xr's only several times. and each time i had no problens. I even just called tham for some information and they called me back with the answer 15 minutes later. that just stinks that you guys are having issues. Oh and for the record I am not one of the guys that works there nor have i even bought there product the last three calls

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.