07 WR Fork

2 replies to this topic
  • rktmcolorado

Posted April 30, 2007 - 07:09 AM

Still breaking the suspension in and playing with the clickers but it seems the fork is a little harsh on high speed hits, anybody noticing this same problem? Is suspension work need on these WRs?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted April 30, 2007 - 07:32 AM

Still breaking the suspension in and playing with the clickers but it seems the fork is a little harsh on high speed hits, anybody noticing this same problem? Is suspension work need on these WRs?

400 - 500 miles on my mine and I am going harder on the compression, it got real soft real quick..... I am 200 lbs and probably looking at re- springing.

Give it a little more time:ride:

• xrmarty

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:32 AM

I took my 07 out for the first ride this weekend. I thought the suspension was very harsh on Saturday. By Sunday it seemed a little softer in the front and didn't seem to deflect so much on rocky sections, but the rear shock still felt very harsh and all over the place. I'm a big guy @ 230lbs no gear, and obviously part of the problem is with the springs not being right for my weight.

Solution: I dropped it off this morning at ESP Suspenion in Tujunga. In fact, I just walked in the door as I'm writing this post. George at ESP had me sit on the bike and determined that I needed both rear and front springs and he will revalve the suspension so it is more of a trail bike than MX. (the new WR's are more like YZ than the previous years WR when it comes to suspension) Apparently, at my weight I was "sagging" the bike too much and now the bike was riding in the "hard" part of the stroke on both shock and forks, making the bike feel harsh and difficult to handle on rocks/roots and woops.

Bike should be ready by Friday. I'll post a ride report by Sunday night. So stay tuned in!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.