07 YZ450 mods

4 replies to this topic
  • Mfinazzo

Posted April 30, 2007 - 02:49 AM

Heres some things Ive done that improved my 450. MRD exhaust really cleans up the low end and pulls like a freight train, very strong. I also put a 51 tooth sprocket on and that tightened up the second to third gap. Lastly I raised the forks 10mm and it turns very nice now, big improvement over just 5MM. Trust me you can feel the difference. :applause:

• spud

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:39 AM

Thanks, I just finished breaking mine in yesterday, And I thought the turning could be better, and low to mid power could be stronger. thanks for the tips.

A buddy had just bought a Ktm 450 sx so we were swapping back and forth, Im impressed with KTM, very strong motor and would carve under my yzf, but not as light and as stable feel.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:55 AM

I also put a 51 tooth sprocket on and that tightened up the second to third gap.

There's a gap there?

• Mfinazzo

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:58 AM

There's a gap there?

Maybe gap wasnt the right word, I didnt like the way 2nd & 3rd with stock gearing felt coming out of a corner. With the 51 on the rear it now feels better, I like using 3rd in corners instead of 2nd.

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:35 AM

I like shifting less often, so when a track gives me a section where 2nd, is too low, and 3rd too high, I gear up, not down.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.