Why is my LR Tank Knocking?

4 replies to this topic
  • pd10913

Posted April 29, 2007 - 11:17 PM

I have just fitted an Acerbis LR Fuel Tank to my 98' XR600 only now the steering knocks on it mostly on the indicator mount brackets. Is this normal, has anyone else had this drama and how do I overcome it, I'm thinking maybe having to start by changing/modifying the indicator mount brackets, any advice? thanks

• goblin127

Posted April 30, 2007 - 03:53 AM

Can the bars be moved up and away alittle or maybe bar risers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted April 30, 2007 - 02:03 PM

It happens on my 650R. Just make sure bolts and sharp metal edges are not chewing up the tank and you are good to go. I had to reverse the bolts on my bark busters.

• pd10913

Posted April 30, 2007 - 02:19 PM

I don't think I can move the bars enough to recify it, might have to modify the indicator mount brackets for a start and see how we go, thanks for the advice.

• Bibleman

Posted April 30, 2007 - 04:15 PM

I've been reading that the Acerbis tanks can interfere with full lock to lock handlebar movement. Do a search on it - someone came up with an alternate way to mount their turn signals to get around it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.