Twin Air Vs. Uni Air Filter

9 replies to this topic
  • xr250ryder

Posted April 29, 2007 - 07:17 PM

Which one gives you more power? Or which one is the best and why?

• msgbean

Posted April 29, 2007 - 07:20 PM

Both are good and I doubt any one could detect a power difference. Its just personnal preference.

• MxnDoc

Posted April 29, 2007 - 10:07 PM

Both are good and I doubt any one could detect a power difference. Its just personnal preference.

I like the Twin-Air. I just pulled out the Uni today and replaced it with the Twin-Air (pre-oiled). Looking over the quality of both, I'm sold on the Twin Air. It's a little more expensive but it's just money well spent in my opinion.

• xr250ryder

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:55 AM

Oh Thanks. I use Uni on my xr250 and it seems fine to me. Maybe I will invest in a twin-air and see what happens. :applause:

• tony1970

Posted April 30, 2007 - 02:22 PM

I had nothing but problems with my Twin Air filters letting fine silt through. Never had that problem with the stock filters when i ran them, so I switched to Uni's and they work great. The TA's were easier to install and were smaller, but that is where I think you give up filtering action. Who cares how much a filter flows when you have smoked your piston and valves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxnDoc

Posted April 30, 2007 - 03:02 PM

I had nothing but problems with my Twin Air filters letting fine silt through. Never had that problem with the stock filters when i ran them, so I switched to Uni's and they work great. The TA's were easier to install and were smaller, but that is where I think you give up filtering action. Who cares how much a filter flows when you have smoked your piston and valves.

Perhaps you should try the pre-oiled Twin-Air. Maybe your not getting the right amount of oil on the filter to prevent silt from getting thru. Just my opinion.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 30, 2007 - 03:52 PM

I always found the UNI filter to fit better as it related to the mating surface between the filter and air box / intake flange. :applause: Seemed to make a better seal keeping out the big stuf :excuseme:

• Jwar1r1t3

Posted April 30, 2007 - 05:25 PM

Speaking of air filters, today is the second time cleaning the ilter inmy new 06 450, and found that the sealing foam was cracked all over!!! I'm throwing it out and getting a new one tomorrow. Was thinking about the no toil air filters. I have the oil and cleaner on the UNI in my XR 250 and really like the way it cleans up.

The UNI filter has done a great job at keeping out silt and very fine dust. I ride at an abondon coal mine and it is VERY FINE silt dust. Have never had any problems with the filter.

How are the no toil filters?? Oiling and cleaning is so much easierwith them. I was thinking about getting one for my 450.

• tony1970

Posted April 30, 2007 - 07:10 PM

Perhaps you should try the pre-oiled Twin-Air. Maybe your not getting the right amount of oil on the filter to prevent silt from getting thru. Just my opinion.

Nope, use the old dunk and squeez method. Trust me Twin Air are junk, and I know I am not the only one to find this out. Twin Air boasts that they deliver more flow and show the stats to prove it. To get those numbers you have to have less restriction. Less restriction = less foam=less filtration. Uni's are a true dual foam filter, with two seperate foam pieces to keep from trapping crap between the layers.

• xr250ryder

Posted May 01, 2007 - 05:49 AM

Well, since I've had good experience with Uni so far I don't see why not getting another wouldn't hurt. It appears like there is no performance difference... its just how long your engine lasts. Which hopefully will be for a while. Thanks alot guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.