Baja Designs Turn Signal Lenses

4 replies to this topic
  • mjslim

Posted April 29, 2007 - 06:41 PM

Anyone out there know if it is possible to purchase just the amber colored turn signal lenses that are used in many of the Baja Designs kits? My BD kit came with four of the "Frankenstein Bolt" type indicators, fronts are the same as the rears, and they're about 4" long.
I invariably explode at least one of these a year and am tired of paying $35 for a new pair when only the lens gets damaged. I have yet to replace the stem, it's always the lens that goes.
If the lens is not available separately, what is the next best way to replace these short of going with a newer kit? Can you get a more durable turn signal assembly from a different manufacturer that has the same 10mm stud mount?
Thanks for listening, any help is greatly appreciated :applause:

• rheynard

Posted April 30, 2007 - 10:31 AM

Not sure about the stud mount, but the mini led are the bomb. They have a break away design and so far are very sturdy. I don't think they are DOT rated but so far (again) that has not been an issue. Been pulled over twice in California because both cops could not believe that my 07 wr450 is street legal. Call the guys at Baja Designs, they are very helpful. Our you can check out there site. GL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted April 30, 2007 - 01:33 PM

My BD kit came with these front
http://s18.photobuck...nt=DSkit003.jpg
and these rear
http://s18.photobuck...nt=DSkit002.jpg

They stay out of the way nicely during an unexpected get off. The lenses for the front are listed as p/n 60-3000 for $5.95. The rears don't offer just the lense but the set is only $14.95.

• MountainMax

Posted April 30, 2007 - 02:11 PM

well i have 4 im not using if you want them for cheap, let me know, i went with flush mount led ones from BD

• mjslim

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:24 PM

Call the guys at Baja Designs, they are very helpful. Our you can check out there site. GL

What I should have done before posting, sorry for not doing my homework........:excuseme:

The lenses for the front are listed as p/n 60-3000 for $5.95.

Those are the ones I need, I have the same indicators front and rear. Thanks for the info........................and thanks for not flaming away

well i have 4 im not using if you want them for cheap

Appreciate the offer MountainMax, but I have the feeling the postage from Newfoundland to CA may kill the deal

Thanks again guys for helping out :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.