Picked up new WR450 2006

1 reply to this topic
  • notyme2loose

Posted April 29, 2007 - 06:05 PM

I picked up the bike a last week. I got it at a nice price just over 5k before tax. This is my first Yamaha since I started riding in 1968. Its been all Honda and one Bultaco. I have always liked the wr. I have only had a chance to ride around the back yard and so far I like it well. The dealer did the throttle stop and I pulled the snorkle today. I'm thinking about ordering the PMB exhaust insert. Its important that it is quiet. For those using this insert any feedback would appreciated. I'm also looking at skid plates, frame gaurds, rad gaurds, scotts damper to mention a few. Any input on accessories that have worked well would also be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • specialk6r

Posted April 29, 2007 - 08:07 PM

In addition to what you're already thinking about, pick up a set of good aluminum handguards. For the rest you can do searches and find what most people like, but I'll give you the abbreviated version of the popular favorites:

skid plate - Utah Sport Cycle (also sold by Moose)
frame guards - take your pick, they mostly just protect the paint
rad guards - Unibiker (TT'er made, they're the hands-down favorite)
dampner - Scotts (opt for the sub-mount if you're much over 6')

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.