Need help with mod for 07 wr450

4 replies to this topic
  • cartman

Posted April 29, 2007 - 04:09 PM

Hi guys, I got the bike broke in now. I took the pea shooter out of the muffler and now I'm going to put a switch on the grey wire and cut the throttle stop screw. My question is with the carb. Can I get away with these mod's without rejetting? I really dont want to get into rejetting right now. Maybe later if I get a pipe. I trail ride mostly in the CA central valley just above sea level and dont ride as hard as I use to. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh ya, Where is the throttle stop screw on the carb?

• clark4131

Posted April 29, 2007 - 04:26 PM

If you're running in California near sea level, you're running lean without mods. With mods it's even worse. So yes, you need to rejet or run a risk of burning up your top end...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • patrickincc

Posted April 29, 2007 - 07:07 PM

just get the gytr kit and removel all the ais crap, and you will be happy. I picked up my bike this week took all the junk off, installed the kit with and FMF Q4. All i can tell you is it runs very well.

• rheynard

Posted April 30, 2007 - 12:03 PM

The stop screw faces rearward / slightly downward, a black cap allen head, oppisite of the throttle cable input. Your gonna love the access!!!! I used the JD kit, well worth the dollars. I live in San Diego, ride dez and mountains and i used the RED needle not the Blue (rich sputters mid range) Good Luck

• WR450RICKO

Posted April 30, 2007 - 12:08 PM

AIS removal kit ($40) and install per the instructions. You won't need to touch it again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.