Big problem on my yz450 '07 broken crankase

6 replies to this topic
  • publio71

Posted April 29, 2007 - 03:18 AM

Today i was racing on my region championship where i live, and at one time the gear dosen't go in, and the bike stop. I look on my bike and i see the crankcase broken.My is a 07 yz450f, the same problem happen to some one????? Thanks if some one can help about this.

• dooweb2

Posted April 29, 2007 - 03:31 AM

did the bike lock up and stall while riding? and kick starter locked up ? its possible . one of your gears is coming apart.. yes you have to split the cases to fix.. but it could also be something else

• publio71

Posted April 29, 2007 - 06:47 AM

The bike start whit no problem, but have a hole in the back side of the crankcase and the gear dosent work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2007 - 08:17 AM

You don't have any options. You need to take it apart and repair as necessary.

• publio71

Posted April 29, 2007 - 11:34 AM

What i am asking if some one have the same problem on gear, i know i have to repair, i just ask if some one happen the same.

• grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2007 - 11:52 AM

There have been a small number of people who have had problems with a failure in the starter gear train. These gears turn full time, and if something goes through them, or they break, they can damage the cases. However, if I understand you correctly, the engine starts and runs OK, but will not move. If the problem was in the starter gears, this would not be true.

• BergArabia

Posted April 29, 2007 - 12:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your gearbox ...
Sounds like a new case for you..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.