OEM or aftermarket clutch on WR400??

3 replies to this topic
  • Howdy Dudee

Posted April 29, 2007 - 03:11 AM

I just got out last wekend for the first ride this year and had the clutch start to slip at the end of the ride.. I took them into work had the frictions checked and they were .20 below low end spec in book but the steels I got lucky on they were not warped or damnged. I guess what I am asking is it better to stay with factory parts, or can I use aftermarket if I can use after market then what are some good brands??? if I go to after market should i get the whole kit including steels and springs or can I use factory steels with aftermarket frictions? I want to get out cheap but I don't want to sacrafice quailty to get a cheap price. I will pay the higher price if needed but before I did that I thought i would come on here and ask you guys

• MaxPower

Posted April 29, 2007 - 03:16 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I have never had good luck with any aftermarket clutch plates. Stock is best[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted April 29, 2007 - 12:43 PM

OEM plates are hard to beat...SC

• Howdy Dudee

Posted April 29, 2007 - 02:08 PM

Thanks guys that is what every one else has told me

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.