Exhaust Question for wr 400 1999

8 replies to this topic
  • darby73

Posted April 28, 2007 - 10:59 PM

I have a Canadian WR 400 1999 and the exhaust is an absolute tank. It is solid black, including the tip, and seems to be non-serviceable. There are no rivets to drill out, or any other obvious ways to open the can. :applause:
I have looked around for a different pipe, but the age of the bike restricts aftermarket parts. I haven't had any luck yet with finding part #s that would show compatibility of other wr/yz that may fit. Does anyone know a good site for this?? Also, does anyone know if the Canadian OEM exhaust is tweakable?

Thanks…

• rdb

Posted April 29, 2007 - 04:43 PM

I have the same bike, the tip on mine is attached with 2 torx screws, is yours welded to the pipe?

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 29, 2007 - 05:04 PM

I had the 99 Canadian model as well but I put a WB E-Series on it, it was too loud but that was before quiet was cool :excuseme:

When I sold it I mounted my 04' stock exhaust on it and it only took a very minor enlargement of the rear bracket hole... This being said, you should be able to fit any after market exhaust on there made for 06' or older :applause:

The FMF models with the hoop allows you to put the rear bracket wherever you want.

Yes your stock exhaust is an anchor, I would lose it and let the canadian beast loose:ride:

• 1rkcooper

Posted April 29, 2007 - 05:58 PM

Yoy could put a stock YZ silencer on there. Probably the cheapest way to go if you can find one. I have an FMF on my 98.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tcmII

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:01 AM

My US '98 has a removable spark arrestor with a removable baffle. There are three screws thta hold the arrestor to the main pipe and one screw to hold the baffle into the arrestor.

The rest of the system in one giant can. I would love to replace it with something lighter, but with the GTYR baffle it meets the sound requirements and I don't want to spend the dollars, sorry doolars :applause:

• redswr

Posted April 30, 2007 - 11:51 AM

i just got a FMF Q2 pipe and FMF powerbomb header for my 99 and it runs alot better than when i had the White Brothers E-series on it.

• darby73

Posted April 30, 2007 - 07:00 PM

I wonder why the Canadian versions of this big got the silencer that is totally inaccessible..??.. It doesn't make any sense to do that. Anyhow, the connection from the header to the silencer, is that compatible with a YZ system? That might definitely be the cheapest option.. thanks

• 1rkcooper

Posted April 30, 2007 - 09:26 PM

I am not positive but am pretty sure they will match up. I would try to pick one up from ebay or the TT classifieds if you can find one, be patient they do come up.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 01, 2007 - 07:26 AM

I wonder why the Canadian versions of this big got the silencer that is totally inaccessible..??.. It doesn't make any sense to do that. Anyhow, the connection from the header to the silencer, is that compatible with a YZ system? That might definitely be the cheapest option.. thanks

Who knows, the canadian version had no grey wire or WR throttle stop though:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.