'06 YZ450 hour meter mounting

15 replies to this topic
  • arnie230

Posted April 27, 2007 - 05:21 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on mounting an hour meter on an '06 YZ450? I just bought one and the adhesive that comes with it wont work for sure. Thanks!!

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 27, 2007 - 05:33 PM

Anyone have any suggestions on mounting an hour meter on an '06 YZ450? I just bought one and the adhesive that comes with it wont work for sure. Thanks!!

My DRD hr meter I put on my 06 450f I just went and bought some velcro strips and put a piece of it on the back of the meter and a piece of it on the bar pad and it works great:thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted April 27, 2007 - 06:42 PM

I zip-tied mine to the throttle cables. It sounds hoky, but it works well and actually looks pretty sano.

• kyle450rider

Posted April 27, 2007 - 06:43 PM

My DRD hr meter I put on my 06 450f I just went and bought some velcro strips and put a piece of it on the back of the meter and a piece of it on the bar pad and it works great:thumbsup:

Same thing i did but i mounted it on the frame.Just make sure you use some laquer thinner to clean the area up first.

• swatdoc

Posted April 28, 2007 - 02:26 AM

DRD make a nice mount just for the hour meter that bolts on at the steering column nut. I used this mount for my Trail Tech Vapor unit.

• steve_97060

Posted April 28, 2007 - 09:01 AM

I just zip tied mine to the throttle cables also, goin for that sano look...

• skidooboy

Posted April 28, 2007 - 01:13 PM

i used the velcro tape that came with the kit. i placed it under the bars on the right side of the frame below the throttle cables. there is a nice flatspot on the frame in the rough textured area near the steering stem tube. did that for the 250 and 450 both work well. ski

• KJ790

Posted April 28, 2007 - 02:40 PM

I velcro all of mine inside the airbox out of harms way. I can look at it when I cange the air filter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Florida_426

Posted April 29, 2007 - 05:01 AM

Dr.D mount replaced 2 sided tape for me. Nice sano look and easy to use.

Bill

• cowboyona426

Posted April 29, 2007 - 07:30 AM

Anyone got a photo of the Dr. D mount?

• mxbuz

Posted April 29, 2007 - 04:52 PM

I took off the motor mount brace, the one on the right side under the front of the seat. Drilled two holes and mounted the meter. It's kinda tucked in there and not real easy to see but, it's real protected, mounted secure and the holes are in a brace. I see some guys drill and tap the frame up by the steering head. You don't need to look at it all that often.

• DPW

Posted April 29, 2007 - 04:58 PM

I see some guys drill and tap the frame up by the steering head.

Wow...talk about overkill..and crazy

Target 3M 2 sided tape under $5.00, over 100 hours and still stuck solid..

• Captaincautious7

Posted April 29, 2007 - 06:09 PM

Uh oh, I did the crazy way and drilled 2 small holes on right side behind steering head under cable. So far no massive cracks have appeared in frame. Mounting up top seems great, but I would be concerned about any direct sunlight heating the LCD up in summertime heat.

• grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Uh oh, I did the crazy way and drilled 2 small holes on right side behind steering head under cable.

Don't worry too much about it. I'd say it was perfectly safe.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 29, 2007 - 09:13 PM

Wow...talk about overkill..and crazy

Target 3M 2 sided tape under $5.00, over 100 hours and still stuck solid..

Ditto. I used the 'industrial strength' version of 3M double sided tape to mount mine to the frame just back of the steering head and mine hasn't budged in a year and a half.

• Ranger18

Posted April 30, 2007 - 06:58 AM

ZIp-tied it to the trottle cables on the side of the frame.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.