Handle Bar Settings

4 replies to this topic
  • nillbag

Posted April 27, 2007 - 03:17 PM

what is the best Handle bar setting for Motocross I have a 06 Yz 450 and I was wondering if there is any Certain setting that is better I have it on the center line right now when I sit it is pretty comfortable but when I stand they seem a little to low

• grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2007 - 04:07 PM

For most people, the stock '06 YZ bars are too low no matter what, short of mounting them on risers.

If you are 5'10"-6', the Reed/Henry bend will be much more to your liking, taller, up to 6'4", something like the Windham bend. Even the standard YZ High bar from Pro Taper is a little taller than the '06.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 27, 2007 - 06:09 PM

gray, i have to chime in on this one. while rider ability and size has alot to do with this; i think that personal preference is a factor. i'm 5'6" and 163lbs and am an average B rider. after doing all the average 06 yz450f tricks to get it to obey, i tried the protaper windham bars and worked for me and have been good since. do you know anyone like me, or am i a mutant?

• grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2007 - 09:24 PM

I'm not prepared to label you a mutant, but you're the first person of your height that I've heard of that likes the Windhams. But I know some people not much taller than I (5'10") who like the Pastrana FMX bend or the KX high, both of which are much taller than the KW's.

I find the Windhams a little tall feeling ( my 6'3" son rides the '06 most of the time) but after a lap or so, I feel fine with them.

• skipperlantz

Posted April 28, 2007 - 07:01 PM

It's rider preferance. I'm 6'2 and love the Windhams.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.