To cannister or not to cannister - that is the ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted April 27, 2007 - 02:38 PM

I'm in the process of doing all the baisic mods to my XRL and presently have the crankcase breather hooked up to one of the openings on the airbox. However, I read a couple of posts in which the guys insist that the bike idles better with the cannister left in the loop. Any definitive answer on that?:applause:

• martinfan30

Posted April 27, 2007 - 09:20 PM

hey bibleman, i removed my cannister and i have zero idle issues. that can only stores unused fuel vapors. i too routed the hose into the airbox(before i did my battery relocation!). now ive run that hose up to the seat with a small filter at the end of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted April 27, 2007 - 09:22 PM

by the way bibleman, do you happen to live in carson city? if its the same guy im thinking of!

• Bibleman

Posted April 28, 2007 - 05:50 AM

Hi Martinfan! Sorry, I live in NJ - the other Bibleman must be an IMPOSTER:p I appreciate your response because I think you inadvertently gave some interesting info. I could see how attaching the crank vent to the airbox could cause some fluctuation at idle, but venting it to the atmosphere could avoid that. I was actually thinking about doing the same set-up using a K&N crankcase filter.:applause:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted April 30, 2007 - 08:08 AM

The canister that connects to the crankcase is an oil seperator, only the cali bikes have a charcoal canister that collects fuel vapors.

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.