Getting ready to do the 1/4 throttle mod!

8 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted April 27, 2007 - 11:50 AM

I'am getting ready for a race sunday at muddy creek in Blountville,Tn.:excuseme: and I have took the throttle tube off my bike and going to try to do the quick turn throttle mod.:p I dont know yet whether to use the plastic coulper or to just use JB weld or the 5 min epoxy.:applause: I'll let everyone know what I have done around 10pm est.

• Mbiker_101

Posted April 27, 2007 - 03:38 PM

If you decide to do the throttle mod with JB weld take some pics so we can compare.

Good luck:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2007 - 04:19 PM

My advice is to ride it as is this week and start your project Monday night.

• tonypitcock79

Posted April 27, 2007 - 04:29 PM

I use the G2 Ergonomics throttle tube with adjustable cams that change in less than a minute and are adjustable for those of us that cant use self control.. great 1\4 turn for loamy tracks and the others adjust thru-out the twist for say more gas in the bottom-middle-or top and in between(longer pull in the middlefor slick tracks...great investment...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted April 27, 2007 - 04:32 PM

If you decide to do the throttle mod with JB weld take some pics so we can compare.

Good luck:thumbsup:

I just went ahead and got a 3/4 pvc coupler and done what you said. I've already got it cut and shaped and it fits perfectly:applause:......Now!! on the end of the coupler(the return cable side) I cut a groove down in the coupler the same depth as the cable is> and ran the grove from the end>>back about 15 sixtenths of an inch.... was this to much? or in another words to long of a groove for the cable to ride in?........ One question I want to ask you Mbiker... Is...... when you cut the notches off the inside of the throttle housing can you still use it if you decide you might want to go back to the stock throttle tube when it is real muddy and slippery?:applause:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 27, 2007 - 04:48 PM

My advice is to ride it as is this week and start your project Monday night.

well grey I thought about that but I am anxious to try this since I have a bum right wrist. My right wrist wont twist back as far now since I had that surgery on it. I dislocated the perilunate bone and tore the ligiment that holds it in place and when they repaired the ligiment it is a little shorter now and restricts my wrist from coming all the way back like on my left wrist. Where I can go back 60 degrees on my left I am at about 45 degrees on my right. I just thought this mod would help me twist the throttle back a little futher. I have trouble when coming out of a sharp turn and there is a jump right out of the turn......I cant really turn the throttle back as far as I would like to.....to really have enough power to clear the jumps enough. I think I will be able to control the throttle with this mod......Iam very cordinated> Why do you think I should wait until monday to do this mod grey.....if you dont mind me asking.

• grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2007 - 09:16 PM

Why do you think I should wait until monday to do this mod grey.....if you dont mind me asking.

Too close to race day. Murphy was an optimist.

• yz_for_me

Posted April 28, 2007 - 06:45 AM

Too close to race day. Murphy was an optimist.

Good advice. :applause:

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 28, 2007 - 07:12 AM

Well its to late now! Just finished the mod> If you want to know how it went then look at the thread titled(Finished the 1/4 throttle mod)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.