Standard main jet on a 2007 WR450F?

1 reply to this topic
  • Fredtech

Posted April 27, 2007 - 11:01 AM

What is the standard main jet on a 2007 WR450F?
Are they all the same for the bikes sold in the US?
Mine as a #162.

I bought the Moose Racing jet kit (Dynojet) and it recommend a #146????
From reading the forums it seems like most people uses a #170.

I have serious "backfire" when I decelerate. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Fred

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted April 27, 2007 - 03:04 PM

What is the standard main jet on a 2007 WR450F?
Are they all the same for the bikes sold in the US?
Mine as a #162.

I bought the Moose Racing jet kit (Dynojet) and it recommend a #146????
From reading the forums it seems like most people uses a #170.

I have serious "backfire" when I decelerate. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Fred

You are probably lean with the 162 given that it's popping on decel, if you do all the free mods check out the jetting charts in the technical forums... for my elevation and average temp I installed a 172.... the GYTR AIS kit said to install the provided 175 but I thought that might be a little rich... I am in no way a jetting guru and with the 07' it's not exactly convenient to go on a jetting analysis thru process of elimination:banghead: I live in WA state, average year round temps are 55 - 65 deg and I ride anywhere from 500' - 5000' feet.

Good Luck:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.